Becoming an Empathic Civilization
Nov 04, 2010
- Video: Economist Jeremy Rifkin believes we can do it, and now he’s got cartoons to show why.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
The Capacity for Tolerance
by Pastor Don MackenzieSep 27, 2010
- What can Christians do about the religious intolerance made visible during the last month?
Envisioning MLK’s Dream in Today's World
by Grace Lee BoggsSep 13, 2010
- Grace Boggs: We must begin the radical revolution of values that King called for, against the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism.
Interfaith Amigos: On 9/11, Getting Beyond Religious Hatred
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal RahmanSep 10, 2010
- Brought together by the events of 9/11, three friends from different faiths reflect on what it will take to reach the other side of hatred.
Quotes from the Quran and from Rumi
by Sarah Van GelderSep 09, 2010
- Interested in what Muslim sacred texts actually say? Here's a short selection of quotes recommend by Jamal Rahman.
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van GelderSep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.
The Little Mosque in Medina
by Jamal RahmanSep 03, 2010
- The current flap over the proposed Islamic center-cum-mosque in New York City offers a good opportunity to reflect on the nature and purpose of places of worship.
A Crisis of Democracy: Real Solutions to the BP Oil Spill
by Brooke JarvisAug 23, 2010
- For Gulf residents, the BP oil spill has made the problem of unchecked corporate power painfully clear. Exxon Valdez survivor Riki Ott on why this may be the moment to overcome our political divides and take back our democracy.
Waging Peace from Afar: Divestment and Israeli Occupation
by Phyllis BennisAug 20, 2010
- A growing grassroots movement is using the techniques of the anti-apartheid movement to challenge U.S. support for Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories.
Rejecting Arizona: States Say No to Anti-Immigrant Bills
by Suman RaghunathanAug 11, 2010
- Despite the hype, states are finding lots of reasons not to follow in Arizona's footsteps.
More Than A Mantra: “We’re All in This Together”
by Margaret WheatleyJul 27, 2010
- Even in this fractured time, we can find strength in solidarity.
Listening Across the Divide
by Rabbi Ted FalconJul 26, 2010
- How do we work with others who believe that theirs is the Only Way?
When Numbers Aren’t Enough
by Paul LoebJul 07, 2010
- Statistics rarely get under our skin, but stories do. Paul Loeb offers advice for catalyzing social change.
Common Ground in a Liquid City
by Sarah KuckJun 25, 2010
- Re-imagining our cities is the best chance we have to create prosperity, lower our carbon emissions, and save what’s left of the natural world.