Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
El Otro Lado: Immigrant Stories Become Public Art
by Judy Herzl, Aaron Sternposted Feb 26, 2010
- How residents of Santa Fe are breaking down barriers and growing closer as a community.
Progress Toward a Multiracial Nation
by Tim Sanders, Kim Eckartposted Feb 26, 2010
- Milestones on the way to an inclusive, just nation.
Head, Heart, and Hands: Breaking the Cycle of Religious Fear
by Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Feb 18, 2010
- By learning the foundations of each other's faiths, we can learn to respect and connect with one another so we may work together to build a better world.
How to Convert a Republican
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 16, 2010
- Pramila Jayapal on race, immigration, and how to talk across the political divide.
Breakthrough Communities: Lessons from Pennsauken, N.J.
by M. Paloma Pavelposted Feb 12, 2010
- M. Paloma Pavel, founder of Breakthrough Communities and president of Earth House Center, shares tips for intentional integration in your community.
Discussion Guide: America: The Remix
by Ashlee Greenposted Feb 11, 2010
- Includes article summaries and questions to spark your discussion around the YES! Magazine multiracial America issue.
Resource Guide for a Multiracial America
by Berit Andersonposted Feb 11, 2010
- Here are some groups, campaigns, media sources and organizations to help you learn more about the multiracial experience and growing movements across the country. Pick one (or 10) that interest you and get involved yourself!
Quote: President Barack Obama
posted Feb 11, 2010
- A quote from President Barack Obama, from the America: The Remix issue of YES! Magazine. Download it here.
A Call to Bring the World Together…
posted Feb 08, 2010
- Video: Since its November 2009 launch, over 36,000 people have affirmed the Charter for Compassion, a project that sprouted from author Karen Armstrong's TED speech. Based on the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," the charter is a result of public input from 150,000 religious and secular people worldwide.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia Mianposted Jan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
An Invitation to Sacred Intention
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Jan 26, 2010
- Three friends from different faiths offer guidance for forming intentions that focus not on what we do or don't have, but on who we are.
"Peacing It Together" Unites Israeli and Palestinian Teens
posted Dec 29, 2009
- A movie trailer for the 30-minute documentary "Peacing It Together," which follows 10 Israeli, 10 Palestinian, ad 9 Canadian teens as they make films together that focus on peace.
10 Courageous Things You Can Do to Build Community
by Milenko Matanovicposted Dec 29, 2009
- Building strong communities is critical, hard work. It’s also one of the most courageous and important things each of us can do every day.
A New Beginning with the Muslim World
by Farrah Hassenposted Dec 17, 2009
- If the administration is serious about building a new relationship with the Muslim world, it should implement one basic, non-ideological, cost-effective policy: Stop killing Muslims.
Lessons from the Attack on Van Jones
by Rob Biko Bakerposted Dec 15, 2009
- Jones is a powerful role model in or out of the White House.