Our Future as a Multiracial Society
by Sarah van GelderMar 04, 2010
- Barack Obama’s election didn’t launch a post-racial era. But a racially just, inclusive, and even loving society is still possible, says a YES! Magazine panel of visionaries.
Everyday Conversations to Heal Racism
by Roberto VargasMar 04, 2010
- 5 steps to courageous conversations about race and culture.
Race: Are We So Different?
by Ashlee GreenMar 04, 2010
- Line up a dozen skin types against your own: Can you tell where black ends and white begins?
Comedian Teja Arboleda Uses Humor to Break Down Racial Barriers
by Ashlee GreenMar 04, 2010
- Teja Arboleda is part of a new generation of mixed-race comedians who are using humor to break down racial barriers.
El Otro Lado: Immigrant Stories Become Public Art
by Judy Herzl, Aaron SternFeb 26, 2010
- How residents of Santa Fe are breaking down barriers and growing closer as a community.
Progress Toward a Multiracial Nation
by Tim Sanders, Kim EckartFeb 26, 2010
- Milestones on the way to an inclusive, just nation.
Head, Heart, and Hands: Breaking the Cycle of Religious Fear
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanFeb 18, 2010
- By learning the foundations of each other's faiths, we can learn to respect and connect with one another so we may work together to build a better world.
How to Convert a Republican
by Madeline OstranderFeb 16, 2010
- Pramila Jayapal on race, immigration, and how to talk across the political divide.
Breakthrough Communities: Lessons from Pennsauken, N.J.
by M. Paloma PavelFeb 12, 2010
- M. Paloma Pavel, founder of Breakthrough Communities and president of Earth House Center, shares tips for intentional integration in your community.
Discussion Guide: America: The Remix
by Ashlee GreenFeb 11, 2010
- Includes article summaries and questions to spark your discussion around the YES! Magazine multiracial America issue.
Resource Guide for a Multiracial America
by Berit AndersonFeb 11, 2010
- Here are some groups, campaigns, media sources and organizations to help you learn more about the multiracial experience and growing movements across the country. Pick one (or 10) that interest you and get involved yourself!
Quote: President Barack Obama
Feb 11, 2010
- A quote from President Barack Obama, from the America: The Remix issue of YES! Magazine. Download it here.
A Call to Bring the World Together…
Feb 08, 2010
- Video: Since its November 2009 launch, over 36,000 people have affirmed the Charter for Compassion, a project that sprouted from author Karen Armstrong's TED speech. Based on the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," the charter is a result of public input from 150,000 religious and secular people worldwide.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia MianJan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
An Invitation to Sacred Intention
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal RahmanJan 26, 2010
- Three friends from different faiths offer guidance for forming intentions that focus not on what we do or don't have, but on who we are.