Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
YES! Film Picks: Making Whiteness Visible
by Carol Estesposted May 22, 2008
- Maddening and motivating independent films: Mirrors of Privilege, Abel Raises Cain and Pilgrimage.
People We Love :: Ava Lowery
posted May 22, 2008
- Ava Lowery launched peacetakescourage.com, a website showcasing her homemade antiwar videos.
Family Reunions Build Bridges to Cuba
by Elizabeth Cerejidoposted May 22, 2008
- If there’s one thing Cubans in Miami share with compatriots in Cuba, it’s a desire to travel freely—especially to visit family. Lifting the U.S. travel ban could open all kinds of doors.
Life in Iran :: Photo Essay
by Arash Shivaposted May 09, 2008
- Arash Shiva’s beautiful photographs of daily life in Iran, taken in Fall 2007.
FALLOUT: Coming Home From the War in Iraq
by Ava Loweryposted Apr 30, 2008
- A short film by Ava Lowery about the war in Iraq and its effects on our returning troops. Pro-war or anti-war, we should all take the time to listen to what our returning troops have to say.
Baptists and Popular Education in Cuba: an interview with Joel Suárez
by Sarah van Gelder, Justine Simonposted Jun 12, 2007
- An interview with Joel Suárez, the general coordinator of the Martin Luther King Center in Havana, Cuba. He discusses the three founding pillars of the movement, as well as the lead up to the 1992 changes in Cuba's constitution that ratified the state's secular nature.
Sex and Power in Chile
by Marcelo Mendozaposted May 11, 2007
- The dynamics of sex and politics in Chile are slowly changing with the election of Michelle Bachelet, South America's first female President. However, tensions persist between the conservative Catholic Church, the male-oriented political elite, and women who are becoming increasingly economically empowered.
Listening to Iraqi Voices
by Lisa Farino, Dal LaMagnaposted Feb 15, 2007
- How can Iraq find peace? Entrepreneur and activist Dal LaMagna traveled with Code Pink to neutral ground in Jordan to find out what the Iraqi people think.
Programming Our Vocabulary
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Aug 25, 2006
- The right continues to define the terms of debate. It is time for progressives to establish terms of their own.
What's Your Cultural Proficiency?
by The Cultural Proficiency Groupposted May 03, 2006
- A tool to assess how you and the groups you work with respond to difference.
A Remembrance of Coretta Scott King
by Rachel Hardingposted Feb 22, 2006
- Coretta Scott King's role not only included her husband’s powerful, radical message of peace and justice, but also the long tradition of gracious and mighty women who provided the foundation of welcome, compassion, inclusivity, and speaking-truth-to-power.
by Dee Axelrodposted Nov 08, 2005
- A Jewish Ugandan coffee farmer partners with Christian and Muslim neighbors to produce jobs, understanding, and a great coffee. Thanksgivingcoffee.com
Mapping Social Patterns
by Myron Orfieldposted Sep 08, 2005
- Regional equity advocates are using GIS mapping tools to increase their impact
The Work Ahead: Start a Dialogue; Take a Stand
by Reverend Robert W. Edgarposted Mar 23, 2005
- National Council of Churches is rolling out study materials on the current state of world affairs.
Etiquette for Activists
by Michael F. Leonenposted May 20, 2004
- Why do so many attempts to build coalitions across race and culture result in hurt and division? These seasoned activists offer tips on what makes the difference between success and disaster.