Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
Stand Your Ground to Stop the Violence
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 27, 2012
- What can be done to stop needless violence like the killing of Trayvon Martin?
Bring On the Next American Revolution
by Larry Gabrielposted Mar 20, 2012
- Book Review: At 96, Grace Boggs gives us a new handbook for transformation—from victims to empowered citizens.
Thousands Give Up Carbon for Lent
by Catherine Woodiwissposted Mar 07, 2012
- In the season of reflection, Christians around the world are focusing on being better stewards of creation.
Now, Let’s Occupy the Ballot
by Van Jonesposted Feb 28, 2012
- During election season, all eyes turn to politics. How do we ensure that the interests of the 99 percent are represented in the halls of power?
Pancho Ramos Stierle: Nonviolence Is Radical
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 23, 2012
- An interview with the activist who made headlines when he was arrested while meditating at Occupy Oakland.
Let It Not Happen Again
by Clarence Moriwakiposted Feb 17, 2012
- Reflections on the 70th anniversary of Japanese American incarcerations.
Towards a Prophetic Politics
by Robert Jensenposted Feb 16, 2012
- We’ve all seen what happens when religion and politics mix poorly—but does that mean there’s no place for spirit in our political lives?
Empowerment in the Classroom
by Yana Kunichoffposted Feb 09, 2012
- How do we teach high school students to see themselves as protagonists in history? One idea involves Lupe Fiasco, Matt Damon, and the late Howard Zinn.
6 Ways to Empower Others
by Starhawkposted Feb 01, 2012
- What makes a good leader? The gift of strengthening everyone else.
Book Review: The Empowerment Manual
by Olivia Rosaneposted Feb 01, 2012
- Starhawk's guide to collaborative group success.
Occupy the Dream: MLK’s Legacy in the Age of Occupy
posted Jan 16, 2012
- What would Martin Luther King, Jr. have made of the worldwide social movements of 2011?
Eboo Patel: Crossing the Divide— With Faith
by Kate Malongowskiposted Jan 02, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Arming the world’s youth to be a force for compassion.
5 Reasons to Serve
by Nipun Mehtaposted Dec 30, 2011
- What doing things for others does for ourselves.
Why Equality is Better for Everyone
by Kristy Leissleposted Dec 27, 2011
- Book Review: Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett's "The Spirit Level" shows how inequality—and misery—trickle up.
When You Tell Them My Story, Please Mention That I Like Flaming Hot Cheetos
posted Dec 21, 2011
- What happens when students are given the honor and onus of writing a complete stranger's story in poetry form? Middle school students from rural and urban Oregon took the risk, transforming preconceived notions—from gangs to trailer trash, stuck up rich people to redneck hicks— into bridges.