World to Wisconsin: We’re With You
Jun 05, 2012
- Activists around the world sent statements of solidarity to Wisconsin's protesters.
Street Credibility: Homeless Protesters Fight For Recognition
by Claudia RoweJun 05, 2012
- Do corporations have an obligation to help the poor in their communities? These unconventional occupiers think so.
“You Have My Permission to Wear a Hoodie Every Day”
by Rasha HamidMay 07, 2012
- In the wake of Trayvon Martin’s death, what advice should a mother give to her young, brown son? Rasha Hamid pondered that question, and wrote this poem to her son Jibreel.
May Day and the Revolution of Everyday Life
by Marina SitrinMay 02, 2012
- Marina Sitrin offers her take on the May Day actions in New York.
Occupy, the 99% Spring, and the New Age of Direct Action
by Mark EnglerApr 23, 2012
- Collaboration or cooptation? Expansion or dilution? Mark Engler on what to make of the 99% Spring.
Practical Compassion: An Interview with Karen Armstrong
by Heidi BruceApr 12, 2012
- The historian has helped world religions unite behind a single principle. But can a worldwide charter for compassion become more than just a nice idea?
Israelis and Iranians Feel the Love
Apr 11, 2012
- As their leaders talk violence, some residents of Israel and Iran are reaching out to each other directly with a promise of peace.
Can Restorative Justice Stop the Schoolhouse-to-Jailhouse Pipeline?
by Jeremy Adam SmithApr 09, 2012
- What San Francisco schools are learning from their experiments with alternatives to punitive punishments.
Occupy 2.0: The Great Turning
by Michael NaglerApr 05, 2012
- Michael Nagler on building a movement to build a new reality.
Eyes on the Prize: MLK’s Lessons for Occupy
by Valerie SchloredtApr 04, 2012
- At the time of his death, Martin Luther King Jr. was planning a campaign around economic injustice—including a mass encampment of poor people in Washington, D.C.
Stand Your Ground to Stop the Violence
by Sarah van GelderMar 27, 2012
- What can be done to stop needless violence like the killing of Trayvon Martin?
Bring On the Next American Revolution
by Larry GabrielMar 20, 2012
- Book Review: At 96, Grace Boggs gives us a new handbook for transformation—from victims to empowered citizens.
Thousands Give Up Carbon for Lent
by Catherine WoodiwissMar 07, 2012
- In the season of reflection, Christians around the world are focusing on being better stewards of creation.
Now, Let’s Occupy the Ballot
by Van JonesFeb 28, 2012
- During election season, all eyes turn to politics. How do we ensure that the interests of the 99 percent are represented in the halls of power?
Pancho Ramos Stierle: Nonviolence Is Radical
by Sarah van GelderFeb 23, 2012
- An interview with the activist who made headlines when he was arrested while meditating at Occupy Oakland.