Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
Re-Occupy: A Movement Seeks a Sanctuary
by Nathan Schneiderposted Dec 19, 2011
- On occupying Trinity Church—and the Occupy movement's relationship with established institutions.
Grace Lee Boggs’ Message to the Occupiers
posted Dec 16, 2011
- A lifelong activist shares her thoughts on revolution.
From the Farm to the Occupation
by Shannon Hayesposted Dec 07, 2011
- Shannon Hayes on taking farm politics to Occupy Wall Street...and talking about the politics of Occupy in her farming community.
Grace Boggs: Reviving the Lost City
by Larry Gabrielposted Dec 07, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: A decades-long revolution to rekindle the soul of urban neighborhoods.
In Defense of Diplomacy
by Stephen Zunesposted Nov 23, 2011
- New legislation would make all diplomatic contact with Iran illegal. Stephen Zunes explains why we need to keep the lines of communication open.
Occupy Wall Street, Beyond Encampments
by Luis Moreno-Caballud, Marina Sitrinposted Nov 21, 2011
- As winter arrives and police crack down, how can occupiers keep their movement alive—and help it grow? Veteran activists share lessons from Spain’s Indignados.
Lessons of a Police Chief: Militarization is a Mistake
by Norm Stamperposted Nov 16, 2011
- The police chief who oversaw Seattle’s crackdown on WTO protesters learned the dangers of militarization. His advice for a creating a police force that truly serves and protects communities.
Painting the Town Prosperous
by James Trimarcoposted Nov 16, 2011
- Urban artists revive our neighborhoods and show us how to share our gifts.
An Interfaith Occupation
by Adam DeRoseposted Nov 11, 2011
- The Occupy movement is bringing deep moral questions that many religions confront to the forefront of national conversation. How faith groups are joining in.
Curriculum & Resources: ThinkB4YouSpeak
posted Oct 25, 2011
- GLSEN's campaign ThinkB4YouSpeak helps straight teens understand why "that's so gay" and other common slurs may be unintentional but hurtful to their Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) classmates.
10 Ways to Support the Occupy Movement
by Sarah van Gelderposted Oct 14, 2011
- There are many things you can do to be part of this growing movement—and only some of them involve sleeping outside.
Red State Ranchers Vs. the Pipeline
posted Oct 07, 2011
- Nebraska isn’t known for environmental activism—but an oil pipeline that would cross the Ogallala aquifer is changing that.
Where The 99 Percent Get Their Power
by Sarah van Gelderposted Oct 07, 2011
- How did a small protest in lower Manhattan go viral? With more than 50 cities involved, #OccupyWallStreet is already changing the debate.
Five Ways #OccupyWallStreet Has Succeeded
by Mark Englerposted Sep 30, 2011
- They were predicted to be a flash in the pan. So why are the anti-Wall Street occupations growing?
Standing on the Side of Peace
by Jen Marloweposted Sep 21, 2011
- How one man’s journey changed everything I knew about the Middle East conflict.