Practical Compassion: An Interview with Karen Armstrong
by Heidi BruceApr 12, 2012
- The historian has helped world religions unite behind a single principle. But can a worldwide charter for compassion become more than just a nice idea?
Israelis and Iranians Feel the Love
Apr 11, 2012
- As their leaders talk violence, some residents of Israel and Iran are reaching out to each other directly with a promise of peace.
Can Restorative Justice Stop the Schoolhouse-to-Jailhouse Pipeline?
by Jeremy Adam SmithApr 09, 2012
- What San Francisco schools are learning from their experiments with alternatives to punitive punishments.
Occupy 2.0: The Great Turning
by Michael NaglerApr 05, 2012
- Michael Nagler on building a movement to build a new reality.
Eyes on the Prize: MLK’s Lessons for Occupy
by Valerie SchloredtApr 04, 2012
- At the time of his death, Martin Luther King Jr. was planning a campaign around economic injustice—including a mass encampment of poor people in Washington, D.C.
Stand Your Ground to Stop the Violence
by Sarah van GelderMar 27, 2012
- What can be done to stop needless violence like the killing of Trayvon Martin?
Bring On the Next American Revolution
by Larry GabrielMar 20, 2012
- Book Review: At 96, Grace Boggs gives us a new handbook for transformation—from victims to empowered citizens.
Thousands Give Up Carbon for Lent
by Catherine WoodiwissMar 07, 2012
- In the season of reflection, Christians around the world are focusing on being better stewards of creation.
Now, Let’s Occupy the Ballot
by Van JonesFeb 28, 2012
- During election season, all eyes turn to politics. How do we ensure that the interests of the 99 percent are represented in the halls of power?
Pancho Ramos Stierle: Nonviolence Is Radical
by Sarah van GelderFeb 23, 2012
- An interview with the activist who made headlines when he was arrested while meditating at Occupy Oakland.
Let It Not Happen Again
by Clarence MoriwakiFeb 17, 2012
- Reflections on the 70th anniversary of Japanese American incarcerations.
Towards a Prophetic Politics
by Robert JensenFeb 16, 2012
- We’ve all seen what happens when religion and politics mix poorly—but does that mean there’s no place for spirit in our political lives?
Empowerment in the Classroom
by Yana KunichoffFeb 09, 2012
- How do we teach high school students to see themselves as protagonists in history? One idea involves Lupe Fiasco, Matt Damon, and the late Howard Zinn.
6 Ways to Empower Others
by StarhawkFeb 01, 2012
- What makes a good leader? The gift of strengthening everyone else.
Book Review: The Empowerment Manual
by Olivia RosaneFeb 01, 2012
- Starhawk's guide to collaborative group success.