Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
Sex and Power in Chile
by Marcelo Mendozaposted May 11, 2007
- The dynamics of sex and politics in Chile are slowly changing with the election of Michelle Bachelet, South America's first female President. However, tensions persist between the conservative Catholic Church, the male-oriented political elite, and women who are becoming increasingly economically empowered.
Listening to Iraqi Voices
by Lisa Farino, Dal LaMagnaposted Feb 15, 2007
- How can Iraq find peace? Entrepreneur and activist Dal LaMagna traveled with Code Pink to neutral ground in Jordan to find out what the Iraqi people think.
Programming Our Vocabulary
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Aug 25, 2006
- The right continues to define the terms of debate. It is time for progressives to establish terms of their own.
What's Your Cultural Proficiency?
by The Cultural Proficiency Groupposted May 03, 2006
- A tool to assess how you and the groups you work with respond to difference.
A Remembrance of Coretta Scott King
by Rachel Hardingposted Feb 22, 2006
- Coretta Scott King's role not only included her husband’s powerful, radical message of peace and justice, but also the long tradition of gracious and mighty women who provided the foundation of welcome, compassion, inclusivity, and speaking-truth-to-power.
by Dee Axelrodposted Nov 08, 2005
- A Jewish Ugandan coffee farmer partners with Christian and Muslim neighbors to produce jobs, understanding, and a great coffee. Thanksgivingcoffee.com
Mapping Social Patterns
by Myron Orfieldposted Sep 08, 2005
- Regional equity advocates are using GIS mapping tools to increase their impact
The Work Ahead: Start a Dialogue; Take a Stand
by Reverend Robert W. Edgarposted Mar 23, 2005
- National Council of Churches is rolling out study materials on the current state of world affairs.
Etiquette for Activists
by Michael F. Leonenposted May 20, 2004
- Why do so many attempts to build coalitions across race and culture result in hurt and division? These seasoned activists offer tips on what makes the difference between success and disaster.
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.
Voices from the Valley
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Dec 31, 2002
- KDNA Radio Cadena: radio for the Latino community
State of the Possible
by Fran Kortenposted Mar 31, 2001
- Practical idealists from diverse movements and perspectives consider the possibilities for transformational change at State of the Possible retreats sponsored by Positive Futures Network.
by Richard Heinbergposted Oct 27, 2000
- Innovation, insight, and knowledge from the 20th century could inspire social transformation in the 21st.
The New Solidarity
by Anthony S. Archposted Oct 27, 2000
- the new solidarity, by Anthony S. Arch. Steelworkers and forest activists forge a new alliance.
Learning To Choose
by Raymond Royposted Sep 30, 2000
- Roy describes the development of a victim empathy class for prisoners in Oregon and it's impact on inmates.