The Power of Local
by Jeff MilchenFeb 18, 2010
- Through mutual support and community education, independent businesses are finding ways to promote local economies and even outperform chains.
First "Corporate Person" Runs for Political Office
by Brooke JarvisFeb 01, 2010
- To show how ludicrous an idea is, sometimes you have to take it seriously.
10 Ways to Stop Corporate Dominance of Politics
by Fran KortenJan 25, 2010
- The recent Supreme Court decision to allow unlimited corporate spending in politics just may be the straw that breaks the plutocracy’s back.
4 Positive, Practical Steps for Responding to Citizens United
by Riki OttJan 22, 2010
- How should true patriots respond to the expansion of corporate power?
by Thomas Linzey, Mari MargilJan 21, 2010
- Pro-democracy groups are mobilizing against a Supreme Court decision that will allow corporations to funnel money directly to candidates for federal office.
Are Corporations People?
Jan 21, 2010
- Video: The Supreme Court has granted private for-profit corporations the right to contribute unlimited funds to political campaigns. What can citizens do to protect democracy?