Using, protecting, and rocking the vote.
What the Oscars Can Teach Us About Elections That Work
by Rob Richieposted Feb 25, 2013
- Academy Award-winners are selected by algorithms that allow voters to rank candidates in order of preference, selecting backups if their first choices lose. What if we elected our leaders that way?
The Last of the Big Money Elections?
by Peter Schurmanposted Jan 23, 2013
- The movement to overturn Citizens United might just make 2012’s record election spending into the end of an era.
This Inauguration Is Brought to You By...
by Signe Predmoreposted Dec 07, 2012
- Despite widespread petitions and concerns about money in politics, corporations will provide funding for the inauguration of President Barack Obama.
Van Jones: In Obama Win, a Triumph of Community Organizing
by Van Jonesposted Nov 12, 2012
- Community organizers around the country worked overtime to hand the election to President Barack Obama. Now we need him to stand up for our values and vision.
Making It Count: Next Steps for the Minority Majority
by Rinku Senposted Nov 07, 2012
- Minorities around the country stood strong in the face of efforts to suppress their votes. Now that the election is over, what will happen to that energy and force?
It’s Not All Suppression: What We’re Doing Right at the Polls
by YES! Online Teamposted Nov 06, 2012
- In some places around the country, efforts to suppress the vote are being shot down. Read on to hear about the good news this election day, and check back later for updates.
Watch Democracy Now’s Election Coverage Here
posted Nov 06, 2012
- Beginning at 7:00 eastern standard time and continuing until 1 a.m., Democracy Now! will cover the election results live. Watch it here at YES!
12 Ways You Can Safeguard Your Vote
by Fran Korten, Doug Pibel, Paul Mozurposted Nov 02, 2012
- Election Day is right around the corner. Here are a dozen tips to make sure your vote is counted.
Rapper 2 Chainz: Ex-Felons Can Get Their Voting Rights Back
posted Oct 31, 2012
- One the biggest voting myths is that those with felonies on their record have lost the right to vote forever. Here’s how you can get re-enfranchised.
At Third Party Debate, a Focus on Issues Left Out of Mainstream
by James Trimarcoposted Oct 24, 2012
- Larry King moderated the lively discussion between four alternative-party candidates, which focused on issues that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have avoided.
Why “No Impact Man” Colin Beavan Is Running for Congress
by Madeline Ostranderposted Oct 19, 2012
- In this interview, Colin Beavan speaks with YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander about the goals, strategies, and platform behind his run for Congress in New York.
Lawmakers Get Graded on Equality Record
by Chuck Collinsposted Oct 09, 2012
- How do your representatives stack up when it comes to voting on policy that helps—or hinders—economic equality? Before you go to the polls, check out the Congressional Report Card for the 99%
3 Ways to Make Your Vote Count in a Money-Soaked Election
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 19, 2012
- Your favored candidates may be outspent, but if they out-organize, they may be able to prevail.
Obama Slams Citizens United
by John Bonifazposted Aug 30, 2012
- Who’s the latest supporter for a constitutional amendment to overturn the controversial Supreme Court decision? Just the President of the United States. No big deal.
Washington's Wall Street Sugar Daddies
by Hillary Lehrposted Aug 14, 2012
- Who’s lining the pocket of your representatives? Here’s a tool you can use to find out.