At Third Party Debate, a Focus on Issues Left Out of Mainstream
by James TrimarcoOct 24, 2012
- Larry King moderated the lively discussion between four alternative-party candidates, which focused on issues that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have avoided.
Why “No Impact Man” Colin Beavan Is Running for Congress
by Madeline OstranderOct 19, 2012
- In this interview, Colin Beavan speaks with YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander about the goals, strategies, and platform behind his run for Congress in New York.
Lawmakers Get Graded on Equality Record
by Chuck CollinsOct 09, 2012
- How do your representatives stack up when it comes to voting on policy that helps—or hinders—economic equality? Before you go to the polls, check out the Congressional Report Card for the 99%
3 Ways to Make Your Vote Count in a Money-Soaked Election
by Fran KortenSep 19, 2012
- Your favored candidates may be outspent, but if they out-organize, they may be able to prevail.
Obama Slams Citizens United
by John BonifazAug 30, 2012
- Who’s the latest supporter for a constitutional amendment to overturn the controversial Supreme Court decision? Just the President of the United States. No big deal.
Washington's Wall Street Sugar Daddies
by Hillary LehrAug 14, 2012
- Who’s lining the pocket of your representatives? Here’s a tool you can use to find out.
States Close in on Citizens United: California, Montana, and Beyond
by John BonifazJul 13, 2012
- Two weeks ago, the Supreme Court justices behind the notorious decision struck down a century-old Montana law curbing corruption in politics. Last week, California became the largest state yet to officially join the movement to end Citizens United for good.
What Would Real Voting Reform Look Like?
by Elisabeth GennApr 20, 2012
- We have to do more than block bad laws. We need real voting reform to expand the franchise for the 21st century.
What to Make of the ALEC Exodus
by Brooke JarvisApr 13, 2012
- What the corporate departures mean—and don’t.
4 Ways to Flex Our Electoral Muscles
by Brooke JarvisApr 03, 2012
- What we can do right now to strengthen our democracy.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
How to Ask Candidates Questions that Make a Difference
by Fran KortenFeb 24, 2012
- Tips for spreading your ideas without getting the runaround.
By the Numbers: The Myth of the Overtaxed Corporation
by Doug PibelFeb 22, 2012
- For corporations, paying for tax breaks is still the best investment around.
Rights are for Real People
by Jeffrey D. ClementsFeb 20, 2012
- Where the infamous Citizens United decision came from and how to overturn it.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.