Making It Count: Next Steps for the Minority Majority
by Rinku SenNov 07, 2012
- Minorities around the country stood strong in the face of efforts to suppress their votes. Now that the election is over, what will happen to that energy and force?
It’s Not All Suppression: What We’re Doing Right at the Polls
by YES! Online TeamNov 06, 2012
- In some places around the country, efforts to suppress the vote are being shot down. Read on to hear about the good news this election day, and check back later for updates.
Watch Democracy Now’s Election Coverage Here
Nov 06, 2012
- Beginning at 7:00 eastern standard time and continuing until 1 a.m., Democracy Now! will cover the election results live. Watch it here at YES!
12 Ways You Can Safeguard Your Vote
by Fran Korten, Doug Pibel, Paul MozurNov 02, 2012
- Election Day is right around the corner. Here are a dozen tips to make sure your vote is counted.
Rapper 2 Chainz: Ex-Felons Can Get Their Voting Rights Back
Oct 31, 2012
- One the biggest voting myths is that those with felonies on their record have lost the right to vote forever. Here’s how you can get re-enfranchised.
At Third Party Debate, a Focus on Issues Left Out of Mainstream
by James TrimarcoOct 24, 2012
- Larry King moderated the lively discussion between four alternative-party candidates, which focused on issues that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have avoided.
Why “No Impact Man” Colin Beavan Is Running for Congress
by Madeline OstranderOct 19, 2012
- In this interview, Colin Beavan speaks with YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander about the goals, strategies, and platform behind his run for Congress in New York.
Lawmakers Get Graded on Equality Record
by Chuck CollinsOct 09, 2012
- How do your representatives stack up when it comes to voting on policy that helps—or hinders—economic equality? Before you go to the polls, check out the Congressional Report Card for the 99%
3 Ways to Make Your Vote Count in a Money-Soaked Election
by Fran KortenSep 19, 2012
- Your favored candidates may be outspent, but if they out-organize, they may be able to prevail.
Obama Slams Citizens United
by John BonifazAug 30, 2012
- Who’s the latest supporter for a constitutional amendment to overturn the controversial Supreme Court decision? Just the President of the United States. No big deal.
Washington's Wall Street Sugar Daddies
by Hillary LehrAug 14, 2012
- Who’s lining the pocket of your representatives? Here’s a tool you can use to find out.
States Close in on Citizens United: California, Montana, and Beyond
by John BonifazJul 13, 2012
- Two weeks ago, the Supreme Court justices behind the notorious decision struck down a century-old Montana law curbing corruption in politics. Last week, California became the largest state yet to officially join the movement to end Citizens United for good.
What Would Real Voting Reform Look Like?
by Elisabeth GennApr 20, 2012
- We have to do more than block bad laws. We need real voting reform to expand the franchise for the 21st century.
What to Make of the ALEC Exodus
by Brooke JarvisApr 13, 2012
- What the corporate departures mean—and don’t.
4 Ways to Flex Our Electoral Muscles
by Brooke JarvisApr 03, 2012
- What we can do right now to strengthen our democracy.