Washington's Wall Street Sugar Daddies
by Hillary LehrAug 14, 2012
- Who’s lining the pocket of your representatives? Here’s a tool you can use to find out.
States Close in on Citizens United: California, Montana, and Beyond
by John BonifazJul 13, 2012
- Two weeks ago, the Supreme Court justices behind the notorious decision struck down a century-old Montana law curbing corruption in politics. Last week, California became the largest state yet to officially join the movement to end Citizens United for good.
What Would Real Voting Reform Look Like?
by Elisabeth GennApr 20, 2012
- We have to do more than block bad laws. We need real voting reform to expand the franchise for the 21st century.
What to Make of the ALEC Exodus
by Brooke JarvisApr 13, 2012
- What the corporate departures mean—and don’t.
4 Ways to Flex Our Electoral Muscles
by Brooke JarvisApr 03, 2012
- What we can do right now to strengthen our democracy.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
How to Ask Candidates Questions that Make a Difference
by Fran KortenFeb 24, 2012
- Tips for spreading your ideas without getting the runaround.
By the Numbers: The Myth of the Overtaxed Corporation
by Doug PibelFeb 22, 2012
- For corporations, paying for tax breaks is still the best investment around.
Rights are for Real People
by Jeffrey D. ClementsFeb 20, 2012
- Where the infamous Citizens United decision came from and how to overturn it.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.
Alison Smith: Elections Money Can’t Buy
by Paul LoebJan 26, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: How a quiet, stay-at-home mom became a clean-elections champion.
Live Coverage of Inauguration from Democracy Now!
by YES! online staffJan 21, 2012
- Beginning at 8:00 a.m. eastern standard time and continuing until 1 p.m., Democracy Now! will cover the second inauguration of President Barack Obama. Watch it here at YES!
Why I’m Giving Up Cynicism for New Year's
by Bill McKibbenJan 06, 2012
- Let’s be naïve enough to demand a country more like the one we were promised in high school civics class.
How Cities and States are Sticking It to Citizens United
by Brooke JarvisJan 05, 2012
- From courthouses to statehouses, the pro-corporate ruling is under pressure.
L.A. and Occupy L.A. Agree: It’s Time to End Corporate Personhood
by Brooke JarvisDec 06, 2011
- What’s the issue that unites the occupiers and the city they’re occupying? Getting corporate money out of politics.