Vote Hope 2008 :2: Lennox Yearwood
by Sarah van GelderJan 03, 2008
- Where are the opportunities for real change in the 2008 election? To find out, Sarah van Gelder spoke to some grassroots organizers, national leaders, and elected officials who are working for change. Here, she talked with Rev. Lennox Yearwood, of the Hip Hop Caucus.
Vote Hope 2008 :1: Cheri Honkala
by Sarah van GelderJan 03, 2008
- Where are the opportunities for real change in the 2008 election? To find out, we spoke to some grassroots organizers, national leaders, and elected officials who are working for change.
Vote Hope: Our Best Hopes for Election '08
by Sarah van GelderNov 07, 2007
- Where are the opportunities for real change in the 2008 election? To find out, we spoke to some grassroots organizers, national leaders, and elected officials who are working for change. Cheri Honkala, Lennox Yearwood, Mark Ritchie, Bill McKibben, Chris Hedges, and Barbara Lee.
Beyond Campaign Finance Reform And More
by Charlie CrayJul 29, 2007
- People across the country aren't waiting for action from politicians and judges. Here are the hot spots where activists are getting corporations out of government and elections.
by Jeff KaplanJul 29, 2007
- Whether the issue is water rights, big-box stores, meddling in local politics, or the taking of citizen's lands, almost every community in the United States - if not the world - is being harmed by excessive corporate power. Strategies of resistance need to invoke the people's right to exercise democratic power over corporations and governments.
by Kaitlin Sopoci-BelknapJul 29, 2007
- In Arcata, California, and the rest of Humboldt County, non-local corporations are banned from politics.
SOL :: Princeton report into voting security
by Doug PibelDec 06, 2006
- Diebold DRE voting machines are easy to subvert, and have serious security problems
Recipe for a Cooked Election
by Greg PalastAug 09, 2006
- In the 2004 election, more than 3 million ballots were never counted. Palast explains where they went, but also provides an example of hopeful voting reform in New Mexico.
Democracy: the (Re)Claiming of Democracy
by Doug PibelFeb 22, 2006
- In danger of losing their vote and voice, Americans are demanding a return to the founding principles.
One Easy Solution for Democracy
by Fran KortenAug 25, 2004
- One Easy Solution for Democracy - In this nail-biter of an election, the third-party “spoiler” effect could be devastating. But there’s a simple solution: Instant Runoff Voting
Safeguarding the Vote
by Doug PibelMay 20, 2004
- Safeguarding the Vote By Doug Pibel, electronic voting machine issues, computerized voting problems, accountability in touch-screen voting.
Young Righteous - And Voting
by William Upski WimsattMay 20, 2004
- Electoral politics and youth, League of Hip-hop voters, League of Young Voters, League of Pissed Off Voters, Young, Righteous - and Voting by William Upski Wimsatt,
Getting Out the Vote
by Megan TadyMay 20, 2004
- Getting Out the Vote Guide, Voter turnout, voter mobilization
Update Voting Rules
by Robert RichieMay 20, 2004
- Update Voting Rules by Robert Richie - Instant Runoff Voting, Full/Proportiona Representation, Fusion, Ballot Access. Center for Voting and Democracy
Government of the People :: Discussion Guide
May 20, 2004
- Think about relatives, colleagues, or neighbors who have a very different perspective on issues you care about. What is the foundation for their deeply held views? Are there values you hold in common? Do these suggest issues on which you might find common ground? What language might help find that common ground?