Using, protecting, and rocking the vote.
Watch Democracy Now’s Election Coverage Here
posted Nov 06, 2012
- Beginning at 7:00 eastern standard time and continuing until 1 a.m., Democracy Now! will cover the election results live. Watch it here at YES!
12 Ways You Can Safeguard Your Vote
by Fran Korten, Doug Pibel, Paul Mozurposted Nov 02, 2012
- Election Day is right around the corner. Here are a dozen tips to make sure your vote is counted.
Rapper 2 Chainz: Ex-Felons Can Get Their Voting Rights Back
posted Oct 31, 2012
- One the biggest voting myths is that those with felonies on their record have lost the right to vote forever. Here’s how you can get re-enfranchised.
At Third Party Debate, a Focus on Issues Left Out of Mainstream
by James Trimarcoposted Oct 24, 2012
- Larry King moderated the lively discussion between four alternative-party candidates, which focused on issues that Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have avoided.
Why “No Impact Man” Colin Beavan Is Running for Congress
by Madeline Ostranderposted Oct 19, 2012
- In this interview, Colin Beavan speaks with YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander about the goals, strategies, and platform behind his run for Congress in New York.
Lawmakers Get Graded on Equality Record
by Chuck Collinsposted Oct 09, 2012
- How do your representatives stack up when it comes to voting on policy that helps—or hinders—economic equality? Before you go to the polls, check out the Congressional Report Card for the 99%
3 Ways to Make Your Vote Count in a Money-Soaked Election
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 19, 2012
- Your favored candidates may be outspent, but if they out-organize, they may be able to prevail.
Obama Slams Citizens United
by John Bonifazposted Aug 30, 2012
- Who’s the latest supporter for a constitutional amendment to overturn the controversial Supreme Court decision? Just the President of the United States. No big deal.
Washington's Wall Street Sugar Daddies
by Hillary Lehrposted Aug 14, 2012
- Who’s lining the pocket of your representatives? Here’s a tool you can use to find out.
States Close in on Citizens United: California, Montana, and Beyond
by John Bonifazposted Jul 13, 2012
- Two weeks ago, the Supreme Court justices behind the notorious decision struck down a century-old Montana law curbing corruption in politics. Last week, California became the largest state yet to officially join the movement to end Citizens United for good.
What Would Real Voting Reform Look Like?
by Elisabeth Gennposted Apr 20, 2012
- We have to do more than block bad laws. We need real voting reform to expand the franchise for the 21st century.
What to Make of the ALEC Exodus
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 13, 2012
- What the corporate departures mean—and don’t.
4 Ways to Flex Our Electoral Muscles
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 03, 2012
- What we can do right now to strengthen our democracy.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
posted Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
How to Ask Candidates Questions that Make a Difference
by Fran Kortenposted Feb 24, 2012
- Tips for spreading your ideas without getting the runaround.