All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Bank of America, Bad for America
posted May 11, 2012
- Video: Protesters take on Bank of America in New York.
May Day Makes Waves in Seattle
by Ayla Harbinposted May 07, 2012
- Photo Essay: Hip hop rallies, immigrant marches, and ... Grandmothers Against Bullshit?
A Worldwide Effort to Make Climate Change Visible
by Bill McKibbenposted May 03, 2012
- Bill McKibben: It’s time for each of us to get involved in the full-on fight between misinformation and truth.
Be All You Can Be ... In the Guitarmy
posted May 03, 2012
- Video: Thousands of protesters in New York City sing, “This Land Is Your Land.”
OWS Marks May Day With a Beatific Vision and a Big March
by Nathan Schneiderposted May 02, 2012
- What will be the lasting impacts of Occupy’s latest major action?
May Day and the Revolution of Everyday Life
by Marina Sitrinposted May 02, 2012
- Marina Sitrin offers her take on the May Day actions in New York.
Joseph Williams: Hunger Strike Games
by Heidi Bruceposted May 01, 2012
- This college football player insisted the University of Virginia invest in living wages for its employees, not new sports enhancements.
Special Coverage: May Day!
posted May 01, 2012
- An independent movement deserves independent media. Click on the player to watch live television coverage on Free Speech TV. Click on the interactive map to see live updates on actions and arrests throughout the nation. And follow additional breaking news through our feed below.
May Day in Context
by Marina Sitrin, Dario Azzelliniposted Apr 30, 2012
- How do this year's May Day demonstrations fit into the international movement for economic justice?
Why This May Day Matters
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 27, 2012
- This year, the day is about occupying the space and the time to create a different world.
Can Humor Topple Monsters?
by Laura Gottesdienerposted Apr 26, 2012
- An interview with Yes Man Andy Bichlbaum on his latest prank against Bank of America and why every protest needs some fun.
Occupy, the 99% Spring, and the New Age of Direct Action
by Mark Englerposted Apr 23, 2012
- Collaboration or cooptation? Expansion or dilution? Mark Engler on what to make of the 99% Spring.
A Slumber Party on Wall Street
posted Apr 19, 2012
- Video: Occupiers are once again camping in protest, this time outside the New York Stock Exchange.
A May Day Like No Other
by Nathan Schneiderposted Apr 17, 2012
- What to expect from Occupy’s next big action.
ALEC Retreats, Sort Of
by Brooke Jarvisposted Apr 17, 2012
- Following activist pressure and corporate defections, ALEC says it’s dropping its Stand Your Ground and voter ID efforts. So what comes next?