Book Review: Food Justice
by Laura KaliebeMar 01, 2011
- What's wrong with our food system—and how can we fix it?
“Do You Pay Your Taxes? Bank of America Doesn’t”
by Chuck CollinsFeb 28, 2011
- The latest from a growing international movement to make corporate tax dodgers pay ... so public services don't have to.
Video: Holding the Wisconsin Capitol
Feb 28, 2011
- What happened inside the Wisconsin capitol when protesters were told they'd have to leave.
Bigger than Unions, Bigger than Wisconsin
by Micah UetrichtFeb 25, 2011
- How Americans across professions, religions, and states are uniting in opposition to Wisconsin's anti-union bill—and cultivating a movement that reaches far beyond the state border.
Lessons and Signs of Hope Amidst the Carnage in Libya
by Stephen ZunesFeb 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's violence is backfiring as many of those who work for his regime—from pilots to soldiers to diplomats—are refusing to continue.
More Powerful Than We Know: Interview with Tim DeChristopher
by Brooke JarvisFeb 25, 2011
- Facing jail time for civil disobedience, Tim DeChristopher on why “we have more than enough power” to stop the fossil fuel industry.
Dear Glenn Beck: It’s Not Conspiracy, It’s Courage
by Sarah van GelderFeb 24, 2011
- Glenn Beck thinks the spread of anti-corporate protests is a little too convenient. But this is what happens when ordinary people discover their power.
US Uncut: How to Do Your Own Bail-In
Feb 24, 2011
- Advice from UK Uncut: Bringing an uncut protest to your town is easy.
Libya and Beyond: What’s Next for Democracy?
by Phyllis BennisFeb 24, 2011
- Phyllis Bennis on why Libya differs from other pro-democracy uprisings in the region.
We Are Wisconsin
Feb 23, 2011
- Video: Meet the people making history in Wisconsin.
People, Power, and Public Spaces
by Jay WalljasperFeb 22, 2011
- What the privatization of public spaces has to do with our likelihood of taking to the streets.
“This is a Peaceful Protest”
Feb 21, 2011
- Video: What's it like in the Wisconsin capitol?
Egypt's Revolution: Behind the Scenes
Feb 18, 2011
- Al Jazeera reports on the years of organizing that underpinned Egypt's "spontaneous" uprising.
Signs of the Times: The Best Protest Signs in Madison
Feb 18, 2011
- In Madison, Wisconsin, a workers' uprising is resulting in some clever slogans.
Wisconsin: The First Stop in An American Uprising?
by Sarah van GelderFeb 18, 2011
- It took a while, but protests in Wisconsin show that poor and middle class Americans are ready to push back against the policies and cuts that hurt them most. Madison may be only the beginning.