All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Portraits of Courage: Americans Who Tell the Truth
by Robert Shetterlyposted Jul 20, 2010
- To fight his shame and cynicism, artist Robert Shetterly began painting the courageous Americans whose lives filled him with pride and hope.
France (Not) to Repay Debt to Haiti
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jul 15, 2010
- A prank website is bringing France's colonial crimes into the spotlight.
We Are Many: Chris Jordan Captures Our Blessed Unrest
posted Jul 09, 2010
- A striking depiction of one million organizations working for a better world.
Why Power Is Not a Dirty Word
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Jul 02, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé looks at redefining power and taking it back.
First Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights Passes
by Elizabeth DiNovellaposted Jun 28, 2010
- The successful campaign to pass the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights in New York is cause for celebration at 2010 US Social Forum.
Social Forum Moments to Combat Cynicism
by Mark Englerposted Jun 25, 2010
- The US Social Forum in Detroit thrives in smaller moments, free of grand pretense.
An Antidote to Urgency
by Margaret Wheatleyposted Jun 24, 2010
- What does it take to think clearly when disaster strikes?
Danny Glover: Let’s Reclaim Our Country
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 23, 2010
- Actor and activist Danny Glover on how the Social Forum is strengthening people's movements.
US Social Forum Kicks Off
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 22, 2010
- The US Social Forum begins with arrivals of caravans and a poor people's march, and an opening "We have a dream" protest march and rally.
Detroit’s Renewal: Can It Inspire the Social Forum?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 21, 2010
- Detroit is known for its decay, violence, and gas-guzzling cars. With thousands of activists coming to town, will it also become known as a source of hope?
A Victory for Appalachia
by Sandra Diazposted Jun 18, 2010
- The days of rubber stamping permits for mountaintop removal coal mining are over, for now.
What’s Next for the Nuclear Disarmament Movement?
by Lawrence S. Wittnerposted Jun 14, 2010
- Can a dazzling long-term mission—the abolition of nuclear weapons—be achieved through a series of small victories, like those of the last 19 months?
Weaving A Great Turning: Transition Albany Takes It Step-by-Step
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Jun 10, 2010
- A follow-up on the efforts to transform a 1.7-square-mile California town into a self-sufficient and resilient community.
What Are People Doing About the Gulf Disaster?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 08, 2010
- In the last week, anger at the BP oil disaster has turned into action.
Fixing Planet Earth: A Not-So-Modest Proposal
by Michael N. Naglerposted Jun 03, 2010
- Only a nonviolent revolution, like the one led by Gandhi, can meet the challenge of the climate crisis.