All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Danny Glover: Let’s Reclaim Our Country
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 23, 2010
- Actor and activist Danny Glover on how the Social Forum is strengthening people's movements.
US Social Forum Kicks Off
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 22, 2010
- The US Social Forum begins with arrivals of caravans and a poor people's march, and an opening "We have a dream" protest march and rally.
Detroit’s Renewal: Can It Inspire the Social Forum?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 21, 2010
- Detroit is known for its decay, violence, and gas-guzzling cars. With thousands of activists coming to town, will it also become known as a source of hope?
A Victory for Appalachia
by Sandra Diazposted Jun 18, 2010
- The days of rubber stamping permits for mountaintop removal coal mining are over, for now.
What’s Next for the Nuclear Disarmament Movement?
by Lawrence S. Wittnerposted Jun 14, 2010
- Can a dazzling long-term mission—the abolition of nuclear weapons—be achieved through a series of small victories, like those of the last 19 months?
Weaving A Great Turning: Transition Albany Takes It Step-by-Step
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Jun 10, 2010
- A follow-up on the efforts to transform a 1.7-square-mile California town into a self-sufficient and resilient community.
What Are People Doing About the Gulf Disaster?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 08, 2010
- In the last week, anger at the BP oil disaster has turned into action.
Fixing Planet Earth: A Not-So-Modest Proposal
by Michael N. Naglerposted Jun 03, 2010
- Only a nonviolent revolution, like the one led by Gandhi, can meet the challenge of the climate crisis.
Ending the Mexican Drug War: An Activist’s Advice
by Erich Moncadaposted Jun 03, 2010
- Fighting rampant corruption with citizen action—in Mexico and the U.S.—is the key to peace.
Environment and Food in Haiti: Two Crises, One Solution
by Beverly Bellposted Jun 02, 2010
- Haiti's strong peasant movement is calling for policies and programs that can help restore the land and protect small-scale sustainable agricultural production from agribusiness.
John Francis: Walking Away From Oil
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 28, 2010
- When an oil spill coated birds in San Francisco Bay 40 years ago, he quit driving. Then he quit speaking. Madeline Ostrander asked him what he learned in that process that can help us deal with the BP oil spill.
Perseverance—a Life-Saving Skill for This Time
by Margaret Wheatleyposted May 28, 2010
- Margaret Wheatley asks: “How do we keep going, remain grounded and steadfast? How do we become people who can persevere?” in this first of a series of posts on the essential skill of persevering.
River Rescue: Citizen Riverkeepers Protect Their Waters
by Elizabeth Grossmanposted May 27, 2010
- Who protects the public's right to clean, accessible waterways? We do.
Protecting our Water Commons: Interview with Robert Kennedy Jr.
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 27, 2010
- We can be the most powerful protectors of our own sources of water.
The 21st Century Civil Rights Movement
by Kety Esquivelposted May 18, 2010
- Arizona's new immigration law has awakened a sleeping giant.