A Village Called Versailles
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: In the wake of recovering from Hurricane Katrina, Vietnamese residents discover the power of community in fighting against a toxic landfill being built two miles from their village.
In Massachusetts, A Victory for Fair Elections
by Rob RichieAug 05, 2010
- The Bay State is the latest to sign on to a simple strategy to make sure that every vote counts.
3 Steps Toward a Politics of Global Warming
by Bill McKibbenAug 04, 2010
- Making nice doesn't work. It's time to try something else.
In Arizona, A Human Rights Summer
by Jordan FlahertyJul 30, 2010
- Arizona's notorious immigration law is now in effect—but so are strategies for resistance.
Why the Fight for the Gulf is Also in Borneo
by Jamie HennJul 29, 2010
- A proposed coal plant in Malaysia is provoking an international outcry.
The BP Oil Spill: Time to Get Unreasonable
by Brooke JarvisJul 23, 2010
- Shrimper Diane Wilson might be going to jail for her high-profile protests against BP. Why is she so sure it’s worth it?
Portraits of Courage: Americans Who Tell the Truth
by Robert ShetterlyJul 20, 2010
- To fight his shame and cynicism, artist Robert Shetterly began painting the courageous Americans whose lives filled him with pride and hope.
France (Not) to Repay Debt to Haiti
by Brooke JarvisJul 15, 2010
- A prank website is bringing France's colonial crimes into the spotlight.
We Are Many: Chris Jordan Captures Our Blessed Unrest
Jul 09, 2010
- A striking depiction of one million organizations working for a better world.
Why Power Is Not a Dirty Word
by Frances Moore LappeJul 02, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé looks at redefining power and taking it back.
First Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights Passes
by Elizabeth DiNovellaJun 28, 2010
- The successful campaign to pass the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights in New York is cause for celebration at 2010 US Social Forum.
Social Forum Moments to Combat Cynicism
by Mark EnglerJun 25, 2010
- The US Social Forum in Detroit thrives in smaller moments, free of grand pretense.
An Antidote to Urgency
by Margaret WheatleyJun 24, 2010
- What does it take to think clearly when disaster strikes?
Danny Glover: Let’s Reclaim Our Country
by Sarah van GelderJun 23, 2010
- Actor and activist Danny Glover on how the Social Forum is strengthening people's movements.
US Social Forum Kicks Off
by Sarah van GelderJun 22, 2010
- The US Social Forum begins with arrivals of caravans and a poor people's march, and an opening "We have a dream" protest march and rally.