All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
US Social Forum: Forging Alliances, a Movement of Movements
by Ashlee Greenposted Mar 04, 2010
- Organizers expect more than 25,000 when the second United States Social Forum meets June 22–26, 2010, in Detroit.
A New Generation Builds Beyond Racism
by Rob "Biko" Bakerposted Mar 04, 2010
- Youth take the promise of Obama and put it into practice.
Becoming a Whole Nation
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 04, 2010
- Sarah van Gelder introduces the Spring 2010 issue of YES! Magazine: There are some extraordinary people working to make a vision of a just, inclusive society a reality ...
United by Hard Times: Workers Organize Across Race Lines
by Carlos Jimenezposted Mar 04, 2010
- A tough economy makes cross-race organizing more important than ever.
Colors in New York: A Restaurant Cooperative
by Berit Andersonposted Mar 04, 2010
- Mamdouh founded the worker-owned Colors as a tribute to those who’d lost their lives in the World Trade Center.
Chicago Ward Tries Citizen Budgeting
by Jeff Raderstrongposted Feb 26, 2010
- In a city with a history of corruption and lack of transparency, one elected official is restoring meaning to the term “public funds.”
After Copenhagen: How Can We Move Forward?
by Tom Athanasiouposted Feb 24, 2010
- Copenhagen brought poor nations and grassroots groups into partnership. Our chances of preventing climate catastrophe now rest on the ability of this new alliance to communicate to the world’s richest and most powerful peoples that the emissions emergency is, above all things, a crisis of justice.
Lessons from Howard Zinn
by Anthony Arnoveposted Feb 16, 2010
- The late historian and activist lived a life of struggle—and enjoyed it to its fullest.
Pray the Devil Back to Hell :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2010
- In the face of the civil wars wrecking their country, a small group of courageous Liberian women banded together to advocate peace.
On the Road to Detroit: How to Get to the U.S. Social Forum 2010
posted Feb 11, 2010
- Are you thinking about going to the U.S. Social Forum this year? Here are some tips on how to get there.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly Bellposted Feb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
Resource Guide for a Multiracial America
by Berit Andersonposted Feb 11, 2010
- Here are some groups, campaigns, media sources and organizations to help you learn more about the multiracial experience and growing movements across the country. Pick one (or 10) that interest you and get involved yourself!
A Victory for Haiti
by Hayley Hathawayposted Feb 10, 2010
- How an international, grassroots mobilization helped spur the G7's decision to cancel Haiti's onerous foreign debt.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia Mianposted Jan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
posted Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.