All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Lessons from Howard Zinn
by Anthony Arnoveposted Feb 16, 2010
- The late historian and activist lived a life of struggle—and enjoyed it to its fullest.
Pray the Devil Back to Hell :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2010
- In the face of the civil wars wrecking their country, a small group of courageous Liberian women banded together to advocate peace.
On the Road to Detroit: How to Get to the U.S. Social Forum 2010
posted Feb 11, 2010
- Are you thinking about going to the U.S. Social Forum this year? Here are some tips on how to get there.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly Bellposted Feb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
Resource Guide for a Multiracial America
by Berit Andersonposted Feb 11, 2010
- Here are some groups, campaigns, media sources and organizations to help you learn more about the multiracial experience and growing movements across the country. Pick one (or 10) that interest you and get involved yourself!
A Victory for Haiti
by Hayley Hathawayposted Feb 10, 2010
- How an international, grassroots mobilization helped spur the G7's decision to cancel Haiti's onerous foreign debt.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia Mianposted Jan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
posted Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.
We're Not Done Yet
posted Jan 22, 2010
- Video: Copenhagen may have been an official failure, but for a new generation of climate activists, it was transformative.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe Copelandposted Jan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."
The Power of Nonviolent Movements
by Bryan Farrellposted Jan 14, 2010
- Anti-nuclear activist Jonathan Schell offers motivation and tactical advice to the new generation of climate activists.
Obama Needs Our Help
by Jonathan Roweposted Jan 14, 2010
- Jonathan Rowe: With presidents constrained by forces we can’t even see, the story of presidential achievement is in large measure the story of the movements that make action possible.
What You Can Do to Help Haiti
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jan 13, 2010
- The best options for helping the Haitian people recover from the devastating January 12 earthquake.
Transition Albany: A Local Response to Climate Change
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Jan 06, 2010
- Meet Catherine Sutton, the initiator of Transition Albany—the effort of a 1.7-square-mile California town (population 16,500+) to transform itself into a self-reliant and resilient community.
It's Time For Direct Action and Compassion on Climate
by Michael Naglerposted Dec 30, 2009
- After Copenhagen, now it's up to us. We need to pluck up courage, drop our usual routines, go beyond our comfort zones, and take some risks.