Getting a Grip 2
by Frances Moore LappeMay 13, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé speaks about her new book to a group of YES! Magazine staff and friends at the home of David and Fran Korten, April 2010.
Brower Youth Award Winner Diana Lopez
May 13, 2010
- Diana Lopez, 21, earned a Brower Youth Award for transforming an old San Antonio, Texas, bar into a community garden.
A Personal Invitation to the US Social Forum
by Adrienne Maree BrownMay 13, 2010
- The national coordinator of the US Social Forum, Adrienne Maree Brown offers her brief, heartfelt list of reasons to come to Detroit to participate in the 2010 USSF.
Winning the Frame Game
by Fran KortenMay 13, 2010
- As our society approaches major transitions ahead, we may welcome or resist the changes … How we react will rest partly on how we frame those changes.
In India, Fake Money Is Payback
by Jeff RaderstrongMay 13, 2010
- India's Zero Rupee note fights corruption.
A Requiem for Detroit?
by Grace Lee BoggsMay 12, 2010
- A new documentary illustrates a different kind of American Dream taking hold in Detroit.
Transforming Space Into Place
May 12, 2010
- Video: Is the shortest distance between two points all that life is about? City Repair doesn't think so. They're helping people imagine and create lively public spaces—starting with your local intersection.
Bill McKibben's Message to Cochabamba
Apr 28, 2010
- The author addresses the thousands who gathered in Cochabamba for the World People's Summit on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth.
Cochabamba Postscript: Lessons, Reflections, and the Road to Cancun
by Jason Negrón-GonzalesApr 26, 2010
- There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the alliance gathering around grassroots solutions.
From Crisis to Opportunity
by Velcrow RipperApr 21, 2010
- Will the World People's Summit be a turning point in the climate crisis?
The Cochabamba Water Revolt, Ten Years Later
by Jim ShultzApr 20, 2010
- Bolivia's historic grassroots victory against Bechtel is a reminder of the power of protest—as well as the importance of less romantic work.
Social Action: The Church’s Ministry in the World
by Pastor Don MackenzieApr 16, 2010
- Somewhere in our history, the link between inner spirituality and its expression in the world as loving social action grew faint. To renew that connection, we can draw deeply on traditions that call attention to our Oneness.
Let's See Ourselves
by Gustavo Esteva with Juliette BeckApr 15, 2010
- The fight against climate change has begun to reflect the colonial, top-down worldview that contributed to the problem in the first place. Mexican activist and storyteller Gustavo Esteva on a new vision—one that is radically bottom-up.
Gaviotas: Village of Hope
by Seth Biderman, Christian CasillasMar 30, 2010
- Two activists discover the secrets of a Colombian community’s success—surprise and imagination.
350.org: Getting to Work in 2010
Mar 30, 2010
- With a weak climate "agreement" coming out of Copenhagen, the 350.org campaign urges citizens to get to work in 2010—whether politicians are on board or not.