All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Can We Reach 350?
posted Oct 23, 2009
- As expectations for action in Copenhagen diminish, activists are raising their voices. Amy Goodman interviews Bill McKibben, co-founder and director of 350.org, and Australian scientist Tim Flannery, chair of the Copenhagen Climate Council and author of The Weather Makers.
350 :: The Most Important Number in the World
by Bill McKibbenposted Oct 15, 2009
- From Mount Everest to the Maldives, people worldwide are turning an arcane number into a movement for a stable climate. Bill McKibben asks: Will you join them?
International Youth: Fired Up About Climate Change
by Richard Gravesposted Oct 07, 2009
- The generations who will inherit the burden of global warming want bold environmental leadership, responsible climate policies, and green jobs.
Students Stand Up to Coal
by Nick Engelfriedposted Sep 30, 2009
- College students across the country are working to eject coal from their campuses and their communities.
Weapons of Mass Democracy
by Stephen Zunesposted Sep 16, 2009
- Here’s evidence that nonviolence is the most powerful tool to promote democracy and overthrow tyranny.
Volunteers Teach Healing Arts
by Louise Dunlapposted Sep 09, 2009
- Inspired by Paulo Freire’s work in the 1960s, Capacitar International teaches practices such as tai chi, acupressure and mindfulness, to volunteers. They then teach those skills in traumatized communities in places like Guatemala, Israel, Palestine, Rwanda, and Ireland.
The Personal IS Powerful
by Colin Beavanposted Sep 09, 2009
- No Impact Man says we shouldn't be distracted by attacking each others' methods of confronting climate change—only by uniting behind the same agenda can we hope for change in the very little time we have to effect it.
Fierce Light :: Film Trailer
by Velcrow Ripperposted Aug 14, 2009
- Velcrow Ripper's latest documentary portrays examples of spiritual activism: political actions focusing on compassion and interconnection.
Regenerating Our Learning Commons
posted Aug 14, 2009
- Shikshantar presents Udaipur, India as a learning city.
Registering for Peace
by Tobin Jacobrownposted Aug 06, 2009
- To register as a conscientious objector, Toby Jacobrown had to sue the federal government.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
People Power Pushed the New Deal
by Sarah Andersonposted Jun 05, 2009
- Roosevelt didn’t come up with all those progressive programs on his own.
In Review :: Rules for Online Radicals
by James Trimarcoposted May 07, 2009
- James Trimarco reviews Markos Moulitsas Zúniga’s Taking on the System: Rules for Radical Change in a Digital Era.
How to Get Involved in Food Policy Councils
by Mark Winneposted Feb 14, 2009
- Here are seven tips for local food citizens interested in organizing food policy councils.
Call for Mass Civil Disobedience Against Coal
by Bill McKibben, Wendell Berryposted Feb 14, 2009
- This is an open letter from Wendell Berry and Bill McKibben.