Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.
We're Not Done Yet
Jan 22, 2010
- Video: Copenhagen may have been an official failure, but for a new generation of climate activists, it was transformative.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe CopelandJan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."
The Power of Nonviolent Movements
by Bryan FarrellJan 14, 2010
- Anti-nuclear activist Jonathan Schell offers motivation and tactical advice to the new generation of climate activists.
Obama Needs Our Help
by Jonathan RoweJan 14, 2010
- Jonathan Rowe: With presidents constrained by forces we can’t even see, the story of presidential achievement is in large measure the story of the movements that make action possible.
What You Can Do to Help Haiti
by Sarah van GelderJan 13, 2010
- The best options for helping the Haitian people recover from the devastating January 12 earthquake.
Transition Albany: A Local Response to Climate Change
by Pamela O'Malley ChangJan 06, 2010
- Meet Catherine Sutton, the initiator of Transition Albany—the effort of a 1.7-square-mile California town (population 16,500+) to transform itself into a self-reliant and resilient community.
It's Time For Direct Action and Compassion on Climate
by Michael NaglerDec 30, 2009
- After Copenhagen, now it's up to us. We need to pluck up courage, drop our usual routines, go beyond our comfort zones, and take some risks.
Climate Shame, Climate Hope
by Jamie HennDec 18, 2009
- Jamie Henn: Though many of the people that I have been talking to here in Copenhagen remain doggedly hopeful, their hope has little to do with our supposed “leaders." It has to do with all of you.
Hungry in Copenhagen
by Bill McKibbenDec 17, 2009
- Bill McKibben: A day of fasting isn't the only reason why activists in Copenhagen are hungry today.
From the Halls of Copenhagen
by Dominic FrongilloDec 16, 2009
- As negotiations heat up and international leaders begin to arrive at the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen, grassroots pressure is increasing.
350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
Tens of Thousands March in Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 12, 2009
- Demonstrators outside the U.N. negotiations demand a climate deal.
It's Going to Be Beautiful
by Bill McKibbenDec 11, 2009
- Bill McKibben: There are reasons to be encouraged about the negotiations in Copenhagen, and ways to get involved in your own backyard.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.