From the Halls of Copenhagen
by Dominic FrongilloDec 16, 2009
- As negotiations heat up and international leaders begin to arrive at the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen, grassroots pressure is increasing.
350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
Tens of Thousands March in Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 12, 2009
- Demonstrators outside the U.N. negotiations demand a climate deal.
It's Going to Be Beautiful
by Bill McKibbenDec 11, 2009
- Bill McKibben: There are reasons to be encouraged about the negotiations in Copenhagen, and ways to get involved in your own backyard.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
350 Day of Action
Dec 11, 2009
- 350 might be the most important number in the world—which is why people around the world are finding powerful ways to make that number known.
We Hold the Key to Copenhagen
by Sarah van GelderDec 10, 2009
- "We the People" will have to act up if we want a global agreement that averts climate chaos.
Honoring Nathan Huggins, Martin, and Malcolm
by Grace Lee BoggsDec 10, 2009
- I spoke (via Skype) to the graduate students Symposium at Harvard University on December 5, the 20th anniversary of the death of Nathan Huggins, former director of the university's DuBois Center.
Copenhagen's Conscience: The Youth Climate Movement Won't Settle
by Jessy TolkanDec 08, 2009
- Youth activists are playing an important role: refusing to allow the smallness of politics to stand in the way of the fair and globally-binding deal that our generation demands for survival.
The Youth Movement Goes to Copenhagen
by Nick EngelfriedDec 07, 2009
- This fall, youth around the world demonstrated their determination to stop catastrophic climate change. In Copenhagen, they're pushing their leaders to do the same.
Fast for Climate Justice
by Anna KeenanDec 07, 2009
- Now a month into their hunger strike, activists are hoping for serious commitment from the delegates in Copenhagen.
N30 Global Day of Action on Climate Crisis
Dec 07, 2009
- On November 30, the 10th anniversary of the 1999 World Trade Organization protests in Seattle, activists call for urgent action on the global climate crisis.
Behind the Scenes of Seattle
by Susan GleasonDec 02, 2009
- WTO+10: An in-depth interview with Alli Chagi-Starr, a key organizer of the 1999 WTO protests in Seattle.
Why We Find It So Hard to Act Against Climate Change
by George MarshallDec 01, 2009
- Solving the “It’s not my problem” problem. A psychologist on what keeps us from coming to terms with the climate crisis.
Climate Hero Kumi Naidoo
by Kate SheppardDec 01, 2009
- Kumi Naidoo is building a global movement to force world leaders to adopt a binding agreement on climate change. He is executive director of Greenpeace International and has led TckTckTck, a global campaign for climate action.