All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Seeing Red, Feeling Blue in Purple America
by David Sirotaposted Jul 29, 2008
- Americans are under increasing economic pressure, and many feel powerless to do anything about it. David Sirota travels coast to coast and finds the people who know the U.S. is headed in the wrong direction--and are joining a populist uprising to turn it around
This Brave Nation Series:
posted Jun 23, 2008
- A remarkable series co-produced by The Nation magazine and Brave New Foundation, which brings together inspiring activists from different movements and generations, to discuss their ideas, ideals, and approaches to changing the world.
From the Publisher :: America Can Change
by Fran Kortenposted May 22, 2008
- With enough citizen understanding and action, America can change. Were you one of the millions deeply moved by Barack Obama’s March 18 speech from Philadelphia? He supported his optimism with a fierce faith in this country, saying “What we know, what we have seen, is that America can change—that is the true genius of this nation.”
The Way to a Just Foreign Policy
by John Fefferposted May 22, 2008
- It’s time to leave behind old ideas of superpowers. A changing world brings new opportunities for peace and the chance to join a community of nations.
Students Against Sweatshops
posted May 19, 2008
Audio: Swim Against the Current
by Jim Hightowerposted Apr 30, 2008
- Listen to Jim Hightower read an excerpt of Chapter 14 of his book Swim Against the Current.
Jon Warnow :: Brower Youth Awards
posted Mar 10, 2008
- Listen to Jon's energetic acceptance speech as he invites all of us to “step outside our comfort zones” and remake our world.
YES! Picks :: Argentina, Turning Around
by Melissa Young, Mark Dworkinposted Feb 04, 2008
- From the producers of "Argentina: Hope in Hard Times" comes this intimate view of the new models of work, politics and community development that are now underway, as people re-invent their society to offer a better life for all.
People We Love :: Erica Fernandez
posted Feb 03, 2008
- 16 year-old Erica Fernandez received a 2007 Brower Youth award for her campaign to stop the building of a liquefied natural gas plant.
Youth Feel the Power
by Shadia Fayne Woodposted Feb 01, 2008
- Young people are creating the Youth Climate Movement, the Campus Climate Challenge, PowerShift 2007 and more, organizing to create a future that they will be living in.
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKposted Nov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :5: Sharing Food, Breaking the Law
posted Nov 07, 2007
- Orlando's Food Not Bombs Feed the Hungry in Downtown Parks, using direct action to create a grassroots alternative to the capitalist economy.
DIY Liberation: Discussion Guide
by Margit Christenson, Brooke Jarvisposted Nov 07, 2007
- This issue of YES! introduces us to people who are done waiting for a leader to come along; who are recognizing their own power to liberate the spaces where they live, work, learn, and create.
World Social Forum :: Liberated Spaces at Your Doorstep
by Lilja Ottoposted Nov 07, 2007
- Since 2001, people from all corners of the globe have come to the World Social Forums (WSF) to build strategies for another world. This year, the World Social Forum is coming to them.
On Critical Mass and the First Amendment
by Reverend Billyposted Nov 07, 2007
- Do you need a permit to ride bicycles in New York? Critical Mass bicyclists say the First Amendment is their permit.