Students Stand Up to Coal
by Nick EngelfriedSep 30, 2009
- College students across the country are working to eject coal from their campuses and their communities.
Weapons of Mass Democracy
by Stephen ZunesSep 16, 2009
- Here’s evidence that nonviolence is the most powerful tool to promote democracy and overthrow tyranny.
Volunteers Teach Healing Arts
by Louise DunlapSep 09, 2009
- Inspired by Paulo Freire’s work in the 1960s, Capacitar International teaches practices such as tai chi, acupressure and mindfulness, to volunteers. They then teach those skills in traumatized communities in places like Guatemala, Israel, Palestine, Rwanda, and Ireland.
The Personal IS Powerful
by Colin BeavanSep 09, 2009
- No Impact Man says we shouldn't be distracted by attacking each others' methods of confronting climate change—only by uniting behind the same agenda can we hope for change in the very little time we have to effect it.
Fierce Light :: Film Trailer
by Velcrow RipperAug 14, 2009
- Velcrow Ripper's latest documentary portrays examples of spiritual activism: political actions focusing on compassion and interconnection.
Regenerating Our Learning Commons
Aug 14, 2009
- Shikshantar presents Udaipur, India as a learning city.
Registering for Peace
by Tobin JacobrownAug 06, 2009
- To register as a conscientious objector, Toby Jacobrown had to sue the federal government.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline OstranderJul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
People Power Pushed the New Deal
by Sarah AndersonJun 05, 2009
- Roosevelt didn’t come up with all those progressive programs on his own.
In Review :: Rules for Online Radicals
by James TrimarcoMay 07, 2009
- James Trimarco reviews Markos Moulitsas Zúniga’s Taking on the System: Rules for Radical Change in a Digital Era.
How to Get Involved in Food Policy Councils
by Mark WinneFeb 14, 2009
- Here are seven tips for local food citizens interested in organizing food policy councils.
Call for Mass Civil Disobedience Against Coal
by Bill McKibben, Wendell BerryFeb 14, 2009
- This is an open letter from Wendell Berry and Bill McKibben.
Update :: Americans Really Mean It: We Want Universal Health Care
Feb 13, 2009
- Americans Really Mean It: We Want Universal Health Care.
Update :: Gandhian-Style Revolution
Oct 31, 2008
- 11 years ago in YES! we wrote about a visit to the headquarters of the Sri Lankan Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement. Today … we report on how the movement has grown: Sarvodaya is now the largest micro-credit organization in Sri Lanka.
People We Love :: Matthew LaClair
by Noah GrantOct 31, 2008
- When his 11th-grade history teacher told the class that they would go to hell if they rejected God's salvation, Matthew LaClair thought the remarks crossed a line.