All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Students Against Sweatshops
posted May 19, 2008
Audio: Swim Against the Current
by Jim Hightowerposted Apr 30, 2008
- Listen to Jim Hightower read an excerpt of Chapter 14 of his book Swim Against the Current.
Jon Warnow :: Brower Youth Awards
posted Mar 10, 2008
- Listen to Jon's energetic acceptance speech as he invites all of us to “step outside our comfort zones” and remake our world.
YES! Picks :: Argentina, Turning Around
by Melissa Young, Mark Dworkinposted Feb 04, 2008
- From the producers of "Argentina: Hope in Hard Times" comes this intimate view of the new models of work, politics and community development that are now underway, as people re-invent their society to offer a better life for all.
People We Love :: Erica Fernandez
posted Feb 03, 2008
- 16 year-old Erica Fernandez received a 2007 Brower Youth award for her campaign to stop the building of a liquefied natural gas plant.
Youth Feel the Power
by Shadia Fayne Woodposted Feb 01, 2008
- Young people are creating the Youth Climate Movement, the Campus Climate Challenge, PowerShift 2007 and more, organizing to create a future that they will be living in.
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKposted Nov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :5: Sharing Food, Breaking the Law
posted Nov 07, 2007
- Orlando's Food Not Bombs Feed the Hungry in Downtown Parks, using direct action to create a grassroots alternative to the capitalist economy.
DIY Liberation: Discussion Guide
by Margit Christenson, Brooke Jarvisposted Nov 07, 2007
- This issue of YES! introduces us to people who are done waiting for a leader to come along; who are recognizing their own power to liberate the spaces where they live, work, learn, and create.
World Social Forum :: Liberated Spaces at Your Doorstep
by Lilja Ottoposted Nov 07, 2007
- Since 2001, people from all corners of the globe have come to the World Social Forums (WSF) to build strategies for another world. This year, the World Social Forum is coming to them.
On Critical Mass and the First Amendment
by Reverend Billyposted Nov 07, 2007
- Do you need a permit to ride bicycles in New York? Critical Mass bicyclists say the First Amendment is their permit.
Being the Change: In Gandhi's Footsteps
by Manish Jainposted Nov 07, 2007
- Manish Jain talks about how he is trying to learn how to live his values today rather than waiting for the system to change. How can we find the courage to walk out of institutions and structures that reinforce violence, injustice and exploitation.
It Took a Village
by Heather Muellerposted Nov 07, 2007
- In Miami, homeless citizens didn’t wait for the city. They created their own home and found dignity and safety.
Pete Seeger: The Power of Song
by Jim Brownposted Nov 07, 2007
- Jim Brown's new documentary Pete Seeger: The Power of Song, summarizes the 80-year career of America's preeminent folk-singer.
Taking on Corporate Power
posted Aug 20, 2007
- The stories in YES! Magazine's Stand Up to Corporate Power about the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up to challenge corporate dominance.