All it takes is a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.
Clueless In Seattle
by Jonathan Roweposted Mar 31, 2000
- Why were all those people in the streets? Reporters and pundits who covered the WTO recited the free-trade mantra but knew nothing of its real-world impact. Then there’s the small matter of who owns the media
What's Next After Seattle WTO Protests
by Fran Kortenposted Mar 31, 2000
- What to do in the post-WTO protest era.
November 30 WTO Showdown
by Paul Hawkenposted Mar 31, 2000
- The most dramatic confrontations took place on November 30 (N30), when thousands of protesters blocked WTO delegates from reaching the meeting. Author Paul Hawken was among them.
From the Trenches: Opening Day of the WTO Ministerial Meeting
by Tracy Rysavyposted Nov 30, 1999
- WTO On-Site Report, November 30, 1999 by Tracy Rysavy.
A Perspective on 'The Battle of Seattle'
by Rod Arakakiposted Nov 30, 1999
- The following is part of a series of commentaries by people associated with YES! magazine and Positive Futures Network on the events unfolding in Seattle at the time of the World Trade Organization's meeting.
Assembling For Peace
by D.J. Mitchellposted Oct 29, 1999
- In Sri Lanka, the Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement, a grassroots community development organization that combines Buddhist philosophy with Gandhian methods.
Find a Place To Stand
by Lynne Twistposted Sep 30, 1999
- Tips for transformative leaders
Join us in Seattle to Greet the WTO
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 30, 1999
- In late November, dark, damp Seattle will turn into the hottest scene in America for making a statement about the rules our world is governed by and who benefits. Come join us!
Mothers For Eco-justice
by Tracy Rysavyposted Jun 30, 1998
- Mothers in East Los Angeles, Detroit, and other communities started out saying "no" to toxic neighbors. Now they are also building a future for their cities.
A Global Gathering?
by Mark Duboisposted Mar 31, 1998
- Could global millennium events tap into the worldwide yearning for a hopeful future? What can Earth Day 1990 tell us about the possibilities of ...