It's not democracy without independent media.
The Guerrilla News Network
by Anna Lappeposted Mar 24, 2005
- What is the Gerrilla News Network?
It Takes a Community Media Center
by Dirk Koningposted Mar 16, 2005
- The Community Media Center (CMC) was founded in 1981 as Grand Rapids Cable Access Center (known as GRTV). It is one of the first public access stations in the nation to expand beyond public access television to provide a range of media tools, training and transmission options for community members and nonprofit organizations. Among them, the five affiliates offer numerous projects and services.
Media Hero: Ed Schultz
by Carolyn McConnellposted Mar 10, 2005
Media Hero: DeeDee Halleck
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Mar 10, 2005
presente! a radio station barn raising
by Hannah Sassamanposted Mar 10, 2005
- When farmworkers needed a way to reach one another, they invited activists nationwide for a radio barn raising.
Media That Set Us Free Discussion Guide
posted Feb 21, 2005
- Why in the midst of this information glut are we not getting the information we need? What does this mean for our democracy? More questions like these . . .
by Bill Moyersposted Feb 16, 2005
- Some journalists are stubbornly pursuing the truth despite growing media monopolies, government secrecy, ideology, and public relations spin doctors—but it’s getting tougher
10 Steps to More Democratic Media
by Jeffrey Chester, Gary O. Larsonposted Feb 16, 2005
- 10 Steps to More Democratic Media
by Josh Silver, Robert W. McChesneyposted Feb 08, 2005
Going to Where the Silence Is: Interview with Amy Goodman
by Carolyn McConnellposted Feb 02, 2005
- Interview with Amy Goodman, how she created Democracy Now
Resource Guide: Democratic Media
by Lisa Kundratposted Feb 02, 2005
- Resources for More Democratic Media
A Media Movement is Catching On
by Fran Kortenposted Nov 11, 2004
- Here’s a question that haunts me: If we had a vibrant, decentralized media system in this country, would we have gone to war in Iraq?
Court Rejects Media Deregulation
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Aug 19, 2004
- A win for media diversity.
September Is For Democracy
by Michelle Burkhartposted Aug 18, 2004
- How to preserve democracy—coming to a library near you.
Reclaim the Media
by Seeta Pena Gangadharanposted May 20, 2004
- - media democracy movement, fight the FCC, public right to airwaves