Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Government of the People :: Discussion Guide
posted May 20, 2004
- Think about relatives, colleagues, or neighbors who have a very different perspective on issues you care about. What is the foundation for their deeply held views? Are there values you hold in common? Do these suggest issues on which you might find common ground? What language might help find that common ground?
Take Back Your Time Day
by John de Graafposted May 20, 2004
- Take Back Your Time Day by John de Graaf
YES! But How? :: Cleaning
posted May 20, 2004
- Dry Cleaning, Cleaning Baseboard Heaters, Recycling Cooking Oil, Heating systems, Teapot Cleaning, Silver Cleaning and Brass Cleaning
Complexity, Trust, And Terror
by Langdon Winnerposted May 20, 2004
- Complexity, Trust, and Terror by Langdon Winner. Dependence on technology.
Against the Tide
by Ronald Takakiposted May 20, 2004
- Against the Tide by Ronald Takaki, internment of Japanese Americans did not take place in Hawaii.
The Fires of Joy
by David Spanglerposted May 20, 2004
- The Fires of Joy by David Spangler
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.
Filming While Dark
by Roberto Dr. Cintli Rodriguezposted May 20, 2004
- Filming While Dark by Roberto Rodriguez. A Chicano man decides not to let fear rule his life after being questioned by federal authorities for filming while "dark".
by Shawn Rheaposted May 20, 2004
- the story of a grassroots effort to renew a post-industrial city. AC3T, Boggs Center, Detroit summer, Adamah, Grace Boggs, Cass Corridor Food Cooperative, Romanowski Park.
Safeguarding the Vote
by Doug Pibelposted May 20, 2004
- Safeguarding the Vote By Doug Pibel, electronic voting machine issues, computerized voting problems, accountability in touch-screen voting.
The Time For Nonviolence Has Come
by Michael N. Naglerposted May 20, 2004
- International Solidarity Movement and the power of nonviolence
The Meaning of War
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted May 20, 2004
- The Meaning of War: Sarah Ruth van Gelder interviews Robert Jay Lifton, apocalypse, civil liberties, empire, fear of the U.S.
Shall We Study War or Peace?
by Fran Kortenposted May 20, 2004
- Fran Korten reviews YES! Magazine's Making Peace and Victor David Hansons An Autumn of War.
The Politics of Happiness
by Enrique Peñalosa, Susan Ivesposted May 20, 2004
- The Politics of Happiness by Enrique Penalosa as told to Susan Ives, mayor of Bogata Colombia, makes the city safe. car-free streets. Enrique Penalosa.
Peace Movement Shifts Focus
by Megan Tadyposted May 20, 2004
- United for Peace and Justice, evolving the anti-war movement into a peace movement and addressing the 2004 election.