How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
In Their Own Words
posted May 11, 2007
- In their own words, Cuban doctors share stories of outreach work in foreign communities. We also hear from co-operative community members in other parts of the world.
Affect Change: Go to the US Social Forum
posted May 08, 2007
- People explain why they are going to the US Social Forum in Atlanta, Georgia, June 27-July 1, 2007.
Commentary: US Social Forum - What Another U.S. Might Look Like
by Michael Leon Guerreroposted May 07, 2007
- Will the first US Social Forum be an "aha" moment in the global movement for change.
The Defenders :: Sister Helen Prejean
posted Mar 25, 2007
- A selection from Eddie Adams' celebrated photographs of the lives of an extraordinary group of courageous individuals worldwide: the 'defenders' of human rights.
President Bush Takes His Unpopularity to Latin
by Jim Shultzposted Mar 13, 2007
- Jim Schulz examines the telling reasons why President Bush and his administration are so unpopular in Latin America.
The ABCs of Nuclear Disarmament
by Alice Slaterposted Mar 13, 2007
- The argument to abolish nuclear weapons becomes stronger every day. Alice Slater outlines how we can get to nuclear disarmament.
Listening to Iraqi Voices
by Lisa Farino, Dal LaMagnaposted Feb 15, 2007
- How can Iraq find peace? Entrepreneur and activist Dal LaMagna traveled with Code Pink to neutral ground in Jordan to find out what the Iraqi people think.
In Oaxaca, Women Rise
by John Giblerposted Feb 06, 2007
- Putting their personal lives on hold, women in the Mexican state of Oaxaca helped shut down the government, took over a TV station, and stood up to police violence.
Evo's First Year
by Juliette Beckposted Jan 25, 2007
- Evo Morales' first year as President of Bolivia: Race Conflict threatens division while Andean cultural traditions restore balance
Sarah van Gelder interviewed by Peak Moment TV
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jan 19, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews YES! Magazine Executive Editor, Sarah Van Gelder, on healthcare for all, alternatives to prisons, peak oil, living democracy, climate change, working together, and how each of us can begin creating change.
SOL :: Princeton report into voting security
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 06, 2006
- Diebold DRE voting machines are easy to subvert, and have serious security problems
How Commerce Consumed the Commons
by Jonathan Roweposted Nov 30, 2006
- In a world where everything's for sale, we've forgotten that much of value happens outside the stream of commerce. Here's how we forgot--and how we're reclaiming the commons.
Community Radio-Radio Community
by Lilja Ottoposted Oct 02, 2006
- A different format for community events, and a recipe for inspiration is now being used by the community radio movement.
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 01, 2006
- The Southeast Social Forum prepares for a larger gathering of dedicated activists from all over U.S.
Programming Our Vocabulary
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Aug 25, 2006
- The right continues to define the terms of debate. It is time for progressives to establish terms of their own.