Fierce Light :: Film Trailer
by Velcrow RipperAug 14, 2009
- Velcrow Ripper's latest documentary portrays examples of spiritual activism: political actions focusing on compassion and interconnection.
Regenerating Our Learning Commons
Aug 14, 2009
- Shikshantar presents Udaipur, India as a learning city.
We Are All Responsible for Making Health Care a Right
by David ScheinerAug 07, 2009
- Uninvited from a White House forum, President Obama's former doctor says it's time to give single-payer health care a fair hearing.
Registering for Peace
by Tobin JacobrownAug 06, 2009
- To register as a conscientious objector, Toby Jacobrown had to sue the federal government.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline OstranderJul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
People Power Pushed the New Deal
by Sarah AndersonJun 05, 2009
- Roosevelt didn’t come up with all those progressive programs on his own.
Jump Starting Racial Justice
by Terry KeleherJun 02, 2009
- Two especially promising solutions to racism are public reconciliation processes, like the one made famous in South Africa, and proactive racial impact planning and analysis now being employed widely in the United Kingdom.
Netanyahu at the White House: Not Yet Change We Can Believe In
by Phyllis BennisMay 20, 2009
- The reality of power–that the U.S. is still the financial, military, diplomatic and political superpower patron on which Israel depends–was not reflected in the press conference that followed the meeting.
Instant Runoff Elections are a Vote for Civility
by Rob RichieMay 07, 2009
- Burlington’s success with instant runoff voting (IRV) is a model of a clean, open debate. Is it time to take it to the national level?
In Review :: Justicia Now
by Lisa Gale GarriguesMay 07, 2009
- Lisa Garrigues reviews this documentary about Ecuador’s oil wars.
In Review :: Rules for Online Radicals
by James TrimarcoMay 07, 2009
- James Trimarco reviews Markos Moulitsas Zúniga’s Taking on the System: Rules for Radical Change in a Digital Era.
Signs of Life :: Germany Mandates Paper-Trail Voting
by Lilja OttoMay 07, 2009
- Germany’s Federal Constitutional Court has ruled that the voting machines used in the country’s 2005 general election are unconstitutional.
Signs of Life :: Landmark Climate Change Bill
by Madeline OstranderMay 07, 2009
- Congress has begun debate on what could become the first-ever federal legislation to regulate greenhouse gases. The bill promises to cut emissions 80 percent by 2050.
Signs of Life :: A Push for Public Health Care
by Kim EckartMay 07, 2009
- Advocates are urging President Obama to end insurance industry domination over health care. But how should the new system work?
The Singing Revolution :: Film Trailer
Apr 30, 2009
- The extraordinary story of the non-violent path Estonia took to free itself from Soviet occupation.