6 Ways to Take Action in the Calm Before the Trump
by Melissa HellmannNov 21, 2016
- If you think Trump is all talk, consider this: Research shows past presidents have accomplished about 75 percent of what they promised to do during their campaigns.
What Standing Rock Needs Obama to Do Quickly—Before Trump Takes Over
by Tom Goldtooth, Annie LeonardNov 18, 2016
- Trump will try to fast-track fossil fuel projects across the country. That makes the final months of President Obama’s term more important than ever.
Please Stop Thinking You’re Better Than Trump Supporters
by Charles EisensteinNov 18, 2016
- We’ve got to stop acting out hate. There is no less of it in the liberal media than there is in the right-wing media. It is just better disguised.
Most Americans Agree: God Granted the U.S. a Special Place in History
by Olivia Anderson, Liza BaylessNov 18, 2016
- And 23 other facts you should know.
Get Ready for Our Favorite Solutions Across the U.S.
by YES! EditorsNov 17, 2016
- We’ve learned a lot in 20 years of solutions journalism. We know that we can fix what’s broken in our communities, regardless of who inhabits the White House.
What Standing Rock Tells Us About Civil Disobedience
by Melissa HellmannNov 15, 2016
- The militarized response to communities of color signals a possible double standard in law enforcement’s acceptance of civil disobedience.
The Arizona Tribe That Knows How to Stop a Trump Wall
by Tristan AhtoneNov 15, 2016
- Tohono O’odham traditional lands extend deep into Mexico, and any border wall will face legal and physical opposition.
Trump Protests Could Be the Start of a New Civil Rights Era
by Meredith Rutland BauerNov 14, 2016
- Social change begins in the streets with citizen activism, but it’s important to realize this chapter of history is unlike any that has come before.
Will Trump Deport Me? Here’s What I Told My Son
by Nabil EchchaibiNov 14, 2016
- Since I moved here more than two decades ago, this is the first time I feel vulnerable. But I have faith in millions of Americans to defend my right to be here.
White People, It’s the Bigots Where You Live That Need You the Most
by Zenobia JeffriesNov 13, 2016
- To address the bigotry that helped elect Trump, White people might consider the work ahead in their own families and communities.
How Cities Can Protect People Threatened By Trumpism
by Arun GuptaNov 11, 2016
- Cities can offer shelter and protection to their vulnerable citizens and become a place progressives can exert real power.
I Couldn’t Go to Standing Rock, So I Closed My Bank Accounts Instead
by Cedar Wilkie GilletteNov 11, 2016
- There are 38 banks supporting the Dakota Access pipeline. I found out mine was one of them.
Leader of the Standing Rock Sioux on Prayers and a President Trump
by Sarah van GelderNov 10, 2016
- “We’re about protecting our future. And that’s what he should be about.”
With Trump, a Renewed Call to Radical Feminist Men
by Robert JensenNov 10, 2016
- Our task is to reject men’s claim to control women’s reproductive power and sexuality, while calling out White supremacy and a widening equality gap.
4 Ways We Voted For a Better Criminal Justice System
by Jaime Alfaro, Olivia Anderson, James TrimarcoNov 09, 2016
- From reducing incarceration levels in Oklahoma to keeping kids out of adult prisons in California, voters gave a few significant wins to the rights of the incarcerated.