A Green and Fair Recovery
by Yvonne LiuFeb 04, 2010
- If equity factors prominently into the equation, an expanded green economy has tremendous potential to positively transform our communities, sustain the environment, and lift the quality of all our lives. But this won’t happen by chance.
First "Corporate Person" Runs for Political Office
by Brooke JarvisFeb 01, 2010
- To show how ludicrous an idea is, sometimes you have to take it seriously.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia MianJan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
The True State of the Union
Jan 28, 2010
- Friends of YES! Magazine turn the president's address into a conversation about what it will really take to build a more perfect union.
Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.
An Invitation to Sacred Intention
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal RahmanJan 26, 2010
- Three friends from different faiths offer guidance for forming intentions that focus not on what we do or don't have, but on who we are.
10 Ways to Stop Corporate Dominance of Politics
by Fran KortenJan 25, 2010
- The recent Supreme Court decision to allow unlimited corporate spending in politics just may be the straw that breaks the plutocracy’s back.
4 Positive, Practical Steps for Responding to Citizens United
by Riki OttJan 22, 2010
- How should true patriots respond to the expansion of corporate power?
We're Not Done Yet
Jan 22, 2010
- Video: Copenhagen may have been an official failure, but for a new generation of climate activists, it was transformative.
by Thomas Linzey, Mari MargilJan 21, 2010
- Pro-democracy groups are mobilizing against a Supreme Court decision that will allow corporations to funnel money directly to candidates for federal office.
Are Corporations People?
Jan 21, 2010
- Video: The Supreme Court has granted private for-profit corporations the right to contribute unlimited funds to political campaigns. What can citizens do to protect democracy?
Year One: How Did Obama Do on Foreign Policy?
by John FefferJan 20, 2010
- The Obama administration banned torture and worked toward nuclear disarmament... but also escalated U.S. military operations. John Feffer gives it a C minus.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe CopelandJan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."
Between Overworked and Out of Work
by Dean BakerJan 15, 2010
- Giving employers incentives to offer paid time off would boost employment, stimulate the economy, and help the U.S. move toward a healthier life-work balance.
The Power of Nonviolent Movements
by Bryan FarrellJan 14, 2010
- Anti-nuclear activist Jonathan Schell offers motivation and tactical advice to the new generation of climate activists.