How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
In Review :: Rules for Online Radicals
by James Trimarcoposted May 07, 2009
- James Trimarco reviews Markos Moulitsas Zúniga’s Taking on the System: Rules for Radical Change in a Digital Era.
Signs of Life :: Germany Mandates Paper-Trail Voting
by Lilja Ottoposted May 07, 2009
- Germany’s Federal Constitutional Court has ruled that the voting machines used in the country’s 2005 general election are unconstitutional.
Signs of Life :: Landmark Climate Change Bill
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 07, 2009
- Congress has begun debate on what could become the first-ever federal legislation to regulate greenhouse gases. The bill promises to cut emissions 80 percent by 2050.
Signs of Life :: A Push for Public Health Care
by Kim Eckartposted May 07, 2009
- Advocates are urging President Obama to end insurance industry domination over health care. But how should the new system work?
The Singing Revolution :: Film Trailer
posted Apr 30, 2009
- The extraordinary story of the non-violent path Estonia took to free itself from Soviet occupation.
posted Apr 30, 2009
- Justicia Now is a documentary about ChevronTexaco's toxic legacy in the Northern Ecuadorian region of the Amazon rainforest—and the largest environmental class action lawsuit in history.
Is President Obama Serious About a New Relationship with the Americas?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 21, 2009
- The Summit of the Americas gave President Obama a chance to hear the hopes and fears of an entire continent. Are we, finally, stepping into a new relationship with our neighbors?
Sarah van Gelder on GRITtv
by Sarah van Gelder, Laura Flandersposted Apr 09, 2009
- YES! Magazine's executive editor and co-founder Sarah van Gelder on why we need news and also solutions.
President Obama Calls for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons
by David Kriegerposted Apr 07, 2009
- President Obama’s speech in Prague was a world-changing moment, a promise of unprecedented historical change on the most profoundly dangerous issue confronting not only America but the world.
YES! Recommends: Food For Everyone
posted Mar 11, 2009
- Raising youth: growing food, justice, and leadership in your classroom. These articles from the Food For Everyone issue of YES! Magazine embody the possibilities when we take our health and our food into our own hands.
Signs of Life :: Elections/Campaign Finance Pledge
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 24, 2009
- More than 1,500 voters have pledged "not to donate to any federal candidate unless they support legislation making congressional elections citizen-funded, not special-interest funded."
How to Get Involved in Food Policy Councils
by Mark Winneposted Feb 14, 2009
- Here are seven tips for local food citizens interested in organizing food policy councils.
Call for Mass Civil Disobedience Against Coal
by Bill McKibben, Wendell Berryposted Feb 14, 2009
- This is an open letter from Wendell Berry and Bill McKibben.
Growing Power in an Urban Food Desert
by Roger Bybeeposted Feb 13, 2009
- Will Allen’s farm offers fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, and a taste of the delicious possibilities of farming the urban food deserts.
Update :: Americans Really Mean It: We Want Universal Health Care
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Americans Really Mean It: We Want Universal Health Care.