Public Attitudes, Knowledge, and Values Around the Climate
Nov 13, 2009
- "The Energy Learning Curve", a Public Agenda poll, and additional polling data show America's changing attitude to climate action.
The Yes Men Fix the World :: Film Trailer
Nov 12, 2009
- Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno take on the world.
Investing in the Right Relationships
by Colin BeavanNov 11, 2009
- Because we have invested so much in our relationships with corporations, community and familial relationships are weakened—to the point at which they can't provide sustenance when the corporate bond breaks.
Climate Hero Sharon Hanshaw
by Kate SheppardNov 10, 2009
- Left homeless after Hurricane Katrina, she fights for communities that will suffer most from climate impacts.
Climate Hero Marcus Ryan
by Kate SheppardNov 10, 2009
- A former Obama campaigner helps neighbors find talented green workers to make their homes climate-friendly.
People Power Brought Down the Berlin Wall
by Sarah van GelderNov 09, 2009
- Some say it was Ronald Reagan's toughness that forced down the wall. But detente between East and West and grassroots people's movements deserve the credit.
The Power of Nonviolent Action in Honduras
by Stephen ZunesNov 08, 2009
- As the negotiated political resolution falls through, there are still reasons to hope that democracy can be restored.
Charter for Compassion
Nov 06, 2009
- Video: Ecumenical author Karen Armstrong wished for a Charter for Compassion, a yardstick for global empathy crafted from the input of tens of thousands of religious and secular people all over the world.
In Defense of the Goldstone Report
by Stephen ZunesNov 05, 2009
- Stephen Zunes: By condemning the report on war crimes committed during the Gaza war, the U.S. Congress is undermining the protection of human rights.
Clash on Investment
by Sarah AndersonNov 04, 2009
- Corporations are fighting for the right to sue over government actions—including health, environment, and other public interest regulations—that diminish the value of an investment.
Spokane Considers Community Bill of Rights
by Mari MargilNov 04, 2009
- Thousands of people voted to protect nine basic rights, ranging from the right of the environment to exist and flourish to the rights of residents to have a locally based economy and to determine the future of their neighborhoods.
World’s Citizens to Politicians: Get Serious on Global Warming Now!
by Richard ScloveOct 29, 2009
- A new worldwide poll on climate change reflects a global consensus for urgent action—and sets a precedent for deliberative democracy at the international level.
A Wave of Climate Action
by Richard GravesOct 28, 2009
- An international day of action heralded the emergence of a global grassroots climate movement. Next up: December 12.
23 Billion: Where's the Outrage?
by Davey DOct 27, 2009
- After another round of massive bonuses to the financial industry, Hip Hop historian and activist Davey D wonders where all the protesters are.
The Victory of the Commons
by Jay WalljasperOct 27, 2009
- Nobel Prize-winning economist Elinor Ostrom proved that people can—and do—work together to manage commonly held resources without degrading them.