Have Yourself a Commons Holiday
by Jay WalljasperDec 22, 2009
- The holidays are the one time of the year when American domesticity expands beyond the narrow circle of the nuclear family of mom, dad, and the kids—when we take a step in the direction of commoning.
Climate Shame, Climate Hope
by Jamie HennDec 18, 2009
- Jamie Henn: Though many of the people that I have been talking to here in Copenhagen remain doggedly hopeful, their hope has little to do with our supposed “leaders." It has to do with all of you.
Debt Relief: The Results Are In
by Hayley HathawayDec 17, 2009
- Debt relief has allowed poor nations to pay for schools and health care instead of loan interest. A new bill in the U.S. Congress would offer relief to more countries and make lending more responsible.
Hungry in Copenhagen
by Bill McKibbenDec 17, 2009
- Bill McKibben: A day of fasting isn't the only reason why activists in Copenhagen are hungry today.
A New Beginning with the Muslim World
by Farrah HassenDec 17, 2009
- If the administration is serious about building a new relationship with the Muslim world, it should implement one basic, non-ideological, cost-effective policy: Stop killing Muslims.
Was Lehman So Long Ago?
by Robert WeissmanDec 16, 2009
- While the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act makes some positive strides, what's really needed is a popular uprising for stronger regulation.
From the Halls of Copenhagen
by Dominic FrongilloDec 16, 2009
- As negotiations heat up and international leaders begin to arrive at the U.N. climate negotiations in Copenhagen, grassroots pressure is increasing.
In Argentina, Activists Celebrate Media Reform
by Margit ChristensonDec 16, 2009
- After years of campaigning by hundreds of the country’s civil society groups, Argentina is transforming its media regulations.
Activists Wrangle Forest Victories from Corporations
by Laura KaliebeDec 15, 2009
- Fierce pressure from activists has led several major corporations to change purchasing practices linked to deforestation.
People We Love :: Bahati Kizungu
by Lynsi BurtonDec 15, 2009
- Reporting for children’s rights.
Lessons from the Attack on Van Jones
by Rob Biko BakerDec 15, 2009
- Jones is a powerful role model in or out of the White House.
350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
Tens of Thousands March in Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 12, 2009
- Demonstrators outside the U.N. negotiations demand a climate deal.
People, Power, and Climate Change
Dec 11, 2009
- Video: Why Sarah van Gelder believes we can still avert disaster.
Seattle's Climate Commitment
Dec 11, 2009
- Video: When the U.S. failed to ratify the Kyoto Protocol, the city of Seattle decided to adopt it on a municipal level. Richard Conlin, president of the Seattle City Council and a YES! board member, discusses what that has meant for the city.