Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly BellMay 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.
The 21st Century Civil Rights Movement
by Kety EsquivelMay 18, 2010
- Arizona's new immigration law has awakened a sleeping giant.
This Time, Equal Rights for All
by Sara KnightMay 17, 2010
- LGBT people still aren't protected from workplace discrimination, but a bill under consideration could change that.
Marching on K Street to Transform Wall Street
by John CavanaghMay 17, 2010
- To curb Wall Street's power, we need to get our own government back on our side.
The 28th Amendment? Interview with Donna Edwards
by Sarah van GelderMay 14, 2010
- YES! Magazine executive editor Sarah van Gelder spoke to Rep. Donna Edwards about the constitutional amendment Edwards introduced in response to the Citizens United decision.
Getting a Grip 2
by Frances Moore LappeMay 13, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé speaks about her new book to a group of YES! Magazine staff and friends at the home of David and Fran Korten, April 2010.
Trouble the Water :: Film Trailer
May 13, 2010
- Home footage of Hurricane Katrina from 9th Ward resident Kimberly Rivers Roberts goes beyond news coverage, revealing the voices that government kept silent.
Brower Youth Award Winner Diana Lopez
May 13, 2010
- Diana Lopez, 21, earned a Brower Youth Award for transforming an old San Antonio, Texas, bar into a community garden.
All Hands on Deck
by Riki OttMay 13, 2010
- What can you do to respond to the Gulf oil spill?
A Personal Invitation to the US Social Forum
by Adrienne Maree BrownMay 13, 2010
- The national coordinator of the US Social Forum, Adrienne Maree Brown offers her brief, heartfelt list of reasons to come to Detroit to participate in the 2010 USSF.
Winning the Frame Game
by Fran KortenMay 13, 2010
- As our society approaches major transitions ahead, we may welcome or resist the changes … How we react will rest partly on how we frame those changes.
In India, Fake Money Is Payback
by Jeff RaderstrongMay 13, 2010
- India's Zero Rupee note fights corruption.
A Requiem for Detroit?
by Grace Lee BoggsMay 12, 2010
- A new documentary illustrates a different kind of American Dream taking hold in Detroit.
Transforming Space Into Place
May 12, 2010
- Video: Is the shortest distance between two points all that life is about? City Repair doesn't think so. They're helping people imagine and create lively public spaces—starting with your local intersection.
City Repair in Action
May 12, 2010
- Photo essay: City Repair helps people organize, design, and implement new, people-friendly visions for their communities—and reclaim the notion of “neighborhood” in the process. Here’s a collection of their best work.