How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Etiquette for Activists
by Michael F. Leonenposted May 20, 2004
- Why do so many attempts to build coalitions across race and culture result in hurt and division? These seasoned activists offer tips on what makes the difference between success and disaster.
Miami Police Violence Draws
by Rachel Milanezposted May 20, 2004
- Voices from across the political spectrum and around the globe are calling for investigations into police violence during the November Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) demonstrations in Miami, Florida.
Patriot II Measure Becomes Law
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- On December 13, 2003, President Bush quietly signed the 2004 Intelligence Authorization Act, which broadens the government's power to track citizens' financial transactions.
Stakes High In Redistricting Cases
by Krista Camenzindposted May 20, 2004
- The U.S. Supreme Court is weighing in on redrawn congressional maps that could solidify Republican control of the House of Representatives for the foreseeable future.
Report from the World Social Forum
by Fran Kortenposted May 20, 2004
- World Social Forum in Mumbai: In mid-January, more than 80,000 global activists, scholars, Nobel laureates, poets, musicians, indigenous peoples, and community organizers gathered to declare once again, "Another world is possible!". Fran Korten reports.
Citizen Action, Networks and Global Change
by Anwar Fazalposted May 20, 2004
- The experience of the International Organization of Consumers' Unions.
The beloved community of Martin Luther King
by Grace Lee Boggsposted May 20, 2004
- Reflections on Martin Luther King, Jr.'s revolutionary ideas and what they might mean for us today.
Young Righteous - And Voting
by William Upski Wimsattposted May 20, 2004
- Electoral politics and youth, League of Hip-hop voters, League of Young Voters, League of Pissed Off Voters, Young, Righteous - and Voting by William Upski Wimsatt,
Getting Out the Vote
by Megan Tadyposted May 20, 2004
- Getting Out the Vote Guide, Voter turnout, voter mobilization
Update Voting Rules
by Robert Richieposted May 20, 2004
- Update Voting Rules by Robert Richie - Instant Runoff Voting, Full/Proportiona Representation, Fusion, Ballot Access. Center for Voting and Democracy
How You Can Get Involved In Transforming U.S. Politics
posted May 20, 2004
- research camdodates, create fair elections, motivate youth, become an activist, research the issues
Visualize a Fair Election
by Greg Palast, Ina Howardposted May 20, 2004
- Visualize a Fair Election by Greg Palast and Ina Howard, Martin Luther King asks "do African americans have the right to vote?, computer voting and paper trails, how can we do a better job?
The Battle In Seattle Moves South
by Kim Corriganposted May 20, 2004
- The Battle in Seattle Moves South by Kim Corrigan
How To Change the World In Three Easy Clicks
by Don Hazen, Tai Mosesposted May 20, 2004
- MoveOn has become the most powerful activist voice in America, attracting more than 1.5 million members domestically and hundreds of thousands more around the world
Reclaim the Media
by Seeta Pena Gangadharanposted May 20, 2004
- - media democracy movement, fight the FCC, public right to airwaves