How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Update Voting Rules
by Robert Richieposted May 20, 2004
- Update Voting Rules by Robert Richie - Instant Runoff Voting, Full/Proportiona Representation, Fusion, Ballot Access. Center for Voting and Democracy
How You Can Get Involved In Transforming U.S. Politics
posted May 20, 2004
- research camdodates, create fair elections, motivate youth, become an activist, research the issues
Visualize a Fair Election
by Greg Palast, Ina Howardposted May 20, 2004
- Visualize a Fair Election by Greg Palast and Ina Howard, Martin Luther King asks "do African americans have the right to vote?, computer voting and paper trails, how can we do a better job?
The Battle In Seattle Moves South
by Kim Corriganposted May 20, 2004
- The Battle in Seattle Moves South by Kim Corrigan
How To Change the World In Three Easy Clicks
by Don Hazen, Tai Mosesposted May 20, 2004
- MoveOn has become the most powerful activist voice in America, attracting more than 1.5 million members domestically and hundreds of thousands more around the world
Reclaim the Media
by Seeta Pena Gangadharanposted May 20, 2004
- - media democracy movement, fight the FCC, public right to airwaves
A Force More Powerful Than Violence: An Interview with Bob Edgar
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Carolyn McConnell interviews Bob Edgar general secretary of the National Council of Churches (NCC).
Fighting For the Soul of the Democratic
by John Dittmerposted May 20, 2004
- fighting for the soul of the democratic party by John Dittmer
Government of the People :: Discussion Guide
posted May 20, 2004
- Think about relatives, colleagues, or neighbors who have a very different perspective on issues you care about. What is the foundation for their deeply held views? Are there values you hold in common? Do these suggest issues on which you might find common ground? What language might help find that common ground?
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.
Safeguarding the Vote
by Doug Pibelposted May 20, 2004
- Safeguarding the Vote By Doug Pibel, electronic voting machine issues, computerized voting problems, accountability in touch-screen voting.
The Politics of Happiness
by Enrique Peñalosa, Susan Ivesposted May 20, 2004
- The Politics of Happiness by Enrique Penalosa as told to Susan Ives, mayor of Bogata Colombia, makes the city safe. car-free streets. Enrique Penalosa.
Bolivians Topple President
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Dec 31, 2003
- The people of Bolivia took to the streets in October 2003 to bring an end to the leadership of President Gonzlo Sanchez de Lozada.
Turning Scarcity Into Abundance
by Vandana Shivaposted Dec 31, 2003
- The solution to scarcity is not more mega-projects, more control by giant corporations, or more globalization. The solution to scarcity is more democracy
The Lake And the 'hood
by Jane Braxton Littleposted Dec 31, 2003
- Mono Lake activists fought a 16-year David-versus-Goliath battle against the city's Department of Water and Power (DWP) to stop water diversions to Los Angeles. Yet the rural community and the city have emerged from the fray as watershed partners.