Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
Aug 29, 2007
- Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
Taking on Corporate Power
Aug 20, 2007
- The stories in YES! Magazine's Stand Up to Corporate Power about the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up to challenge corporate dominance.
Seeing Another World: U.S. Social Forum 2008
Aug 14, 2007
- Instead of drawing crowds with superstar speakers and performers, the participants of the 2008 U.S. Social Forum were the stars. Those who are accustomed to being excluded were at the center, and those who were used to being silenced were heard.
Darn Right We're Keeping Score
by Zach KyleAug 09, 2007
- Historical Scorecard of Corporations vs People. Is the bill of rights as much for corporations as it is for real people?
The Progressive Majority
Jul 29, 2007
- The media often tell us that Americans are fundamentally conservative. A new report, the product of carefully compiled statistics from the past several decades, proves this story incorrect.
How Powerful? :: Just the Facts
Jul 29, 2007
- Just how powerful are corporations anyway? some quick facts
Commentary: Cooperators of the Prairies
by Jonathan RoweJul 29, 2007
- Few images loom larger in the American psyche than that of the Wild West. In contrast to the myth, it was the cooperators who really made the West.
Not Your Grandfather's SDS
by Joshua Kahn RussellJul 29, 2007
- Students for a Democratic Society is reborn, working with veteran activists to build movements for today.
USSF: We Saw Another World in Atlanta
by Sarah van GelderJul 29, 2007
- Poor people, young people, people of color, gays and lesbians, and all manner of people who believe “another world is possible, another U.S. is necessary” joined together by the thousands in Atlanta for the first U.S. Social Forum.
Who's Standing Up?
Jul 29, 2007
- Look who's standing up to corporate power. David Solnit, Debra Harry, Bill Moyers, Alexia Salvatierra, Leo Gerard, Paula Wolff, Ward Morehouse, and more.
Protecting Our Commons
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelJul 29, 2007
- Keeping the air, the water, the Internet and other commons out of corporate hands and in our own. A YES! Magazine interactive graphic.
Beyond Campaign Finance Reform And More
by Charlie CrayJul 29, 2007
- People across the country aren't waiting for action from politicians and judges. Here are the hot spots where activists are getting corporations out of government and elections.
by Jeff KaplanJul 29, 2007
- Whether the issue is water rights, big-box stores, meddling in local politics, or the taking of citizen's lands, almost every community in the United States - if not the world - is being harmed by excessive corporate power. Strategies of resistance need to invoke the people's right to exercise democratic power over corporations and governments.
by Kaitlin Sopoci-BelknapJul 29, 2007
- In Arcata, California, and the rest of Humboldt County, non-local corporations are banned from politics.
Communities Take Power
by Doug PibelJul 29, 2007
- Communities across the country are declaring citizens' right and duty to protect their water, land, local economy, and way of life, even if it means taking on the enormous power of corporations. Here are some of the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up.