How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
TPP Protestors to Foreign Negotiators: "Don't Let U.S. Bully You"
by James Trimarcoposted Nov 22, 2013
- Negotiators from Latin American and Asian countries said they were "doing their best" to stand up to the U.S. Trade Representative.
8 Courageous Things Harry Potter Fans Did to Fight Real-Life Dark Forces
by Katrina Rabelerposted Nov 22, 2013
- If Harry Potter were a real person, he’d fight child labor, voter suppression, and poverty. Here are our favorite ways Harry's fans have taken his values from the page to the real world.
Six of the Top Ten U.S. Billionaires Are Kochs and Waltons
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Nov 22, 2013
- The profits of corporate giants that crash our economy and corrupt our politics deserve your outrage. But the efforts to curb them need your creative energy.
Why the UN Climate Negotiations Give Me Hope (In Spite of Everything)
by Jamie Hennposted Nov 21, 2013
- It's possible to find hope for action in the new generation's determination and clarity—even after 19 years of stalled negotiations.
"Escape Fire" Doc Explores the Fight to Rescue American Healthcare
by Valerie Schloredtposted Nov 19, 2013
- Beyond the Affordable Care Act, the film explores how to make a healthier America.
World Governments: If You Won't Take the Lead on Climate Change, Then the People Will
by Michael T. Klareposted Nov 19, 2013
- If governments fail to listen to mounting protests demanding clean energy, people's movements will put their futures in question.
5 Solutions for a Kinder Cellphone
posted Nov 18, 2013
- Forget smarter! This infographic depicts the lifecycle of a cellphone, and points out non-toxic, conflict-free mineral responsible design.
Vandana Shiva On Resisting GMOs: "Saving Seeds Is a Political Act"
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 15, 2013
- Why the fight for biodiversity is about protecting life itself.
Wikileaks Puts the TPP's Feet to the Flames—Can It Take the Heat?
by James Trimarcoposted Nov 15, 2013
- After a major leak from the agreement's secret text, people are talking about the TPP. What will it mean for the secretive trade deal's future?
Two Years After the Eviction of OWS, Here's 5 People Keeping the Movement Alive
by Ann Kathleen Bradleyposted Nov 15, 2013
- Two years ago today, when Occupy Wall Street was evicted from Zuccotti Park, many wondered what was next for the movement. Two years later, we profile five projects that got their starts in the encampments and are still making change today.
These 5 NFL Players Are Changing What It Means to Be a Man in Football
by Christopher Zumski Finkeposted Nov 14, 2013
- Miami Dolphins lineman Jonathan Martin is not the only NFL player to challenge the league's bigotry and misogyny. These five men stand for a new kind of masculinity.
Will the Tropical Island of Kauai Be the Next Front in GMO Fight?
by Maureen Nandini Mitraposted Nov 14, 2013
- Local lawmakers will vote today on whether to overturn the mayor's veto of a bill to regulate the use of pesticides on the Hawaiian island.
Bill de Blasio: A Mayor for the New Economy
by Laura Flandersposted Nov 07, 2013
- New York City's new mayor has laid out a radically inclusive economic agenda.
Monsanto May Have Won the Battle for I-522, But the Future of Food Is Not Lost
by Erin Sagenposted Nov 06, 2013
- As final results come in for Initiative 522, advocates of GMO labeling are saying we need to change the system, not just the supermarket.
How the Voters of One Small County May Have Stopped 48 Million Tons of Coal
by Rachael Stoeveposted Nov 06, 2013
- In a council election unlike any other in the history of Whatcom County, voters sided with representatives believed to be against a proposed coal export facility.