Changing Hearts and Opening Minds—It Happens When We Listen
by Sarah van GelderFeb 01, 2017
- We can start difficult conversations by speaking from the heart and sharing our wish for a world where everyone is safe and free.
A 10-Point Plan to Stop Trump—And Make Gains in Justice and Equality
by George LakeyJan 31, 2017
- The first step? Recognize that we represent the majority.
Winona LaDuke on New Ways to Keep Pipelines Out of the Great Lakes
by Winona LaDukeJan 31, 2017
- The surge of formal opposition to tar sands and fracked oil pipelines shows how Standing Rock resistance has emboldened Great Lakes tribes.
Amid “Muslim Ban” Chaos, Van Jones Sends in His Love Army
by Zenobia JeffriesJan 30, 2017
- Lawyers and protestors took action: “Nobody’s going to fight alone.”
Harry Potter Is Relevant to Fighting Trump—But Not The Way You Think
by Ray StoeveJan 29, 2017
- How to adapt the fictional lessons of the Harry Potter universe to a real-life Voldemort.
“We Don’t Want Your Tiny Hands Anywhere Near Our Underpants”
by Olivia AndersonJan 28, 2017
- How feminist punk bands are igniting the fight against Donald Trump.
10 Films to Keep You Inspired
by Breena KerrJan 27, 2017
- Movies to remind you there’s hope in the fight for justice and equality.
Tribe Uneasy About Border Surveillance Plans on Their Land
by Tim VanderpoolJan 27, 2017
- Tensions are high on the Tohono O’odham Nation, where Border Patrol has proposed high-tech surveillance towers as part of a sophisticated “virtual wall” system.
Banks Agree to Talk With Tribe (While Handing over Millions for Dakota Access)
by James TrimarcoJan 26, 2017
- Seven banks—including Wells Fargo, TD Bank, and Citibank—will meet with Standing Rock Sioux leaders after months of intense defund-DAPL pressure.
Trump Impeachment Campaign Begins
by James TrimarcoJan 26, 2017
- Never has a modern president so flagrantly violated the Constitution. A constitutional law attorney explains this unprecedented situation in American history—and what we can do about it.
Standing Rock Chairman Demands “Leader to Leader” Meeting With Trump
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnJan 26, 2017
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reportedly has been directed to issue the Dakota Access pipeline easement, even though the environmental review is in the middle of a public comment period.
Don’t Let Trump Distract You: Public Comment on DAPL Is Now Open
by Jake TracyJan 25, 2017
- Now until Feb. 20 is the public’s chance to push for a full review of the pipeline’s climate impacts. Here’s what to do.
Surviving at Standing Rock After Trump’s DAPL Order
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnJan 25, 2017
- Original water protector camp resolves to stay—even as Sioux tribe says no and Trump orders pipeline construction.
Take Notice, Trump: We Are Not Protestors—We Are Protectors
by David KortenJan 25, 2017
- When we call ourselves protectors, we cast our role as fulfilling our responsibility to the community that sustains us—not for our personal benefit, but for the benefit of all.
The Spirit of Standing Rock on the Move
by Stephanie WoodardJan 24, 2017
- People from more than 300 tribes traveled to the North Dakota plains to pray and march in solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux. Back home, each tribe faces its own version of the “black snake” and a centuries-old struggle to survive.