Buy Low, Sell Never: Why Not Just Buy the Entire Coal Industry?
by Mark TrahantJul 23, 2016
- Coal left in the ground is an investment in the climate, as well as the future of families in rural communities and the tribes.
Florida Town Proposes a Ban on Super PACs—What Could Happen?
by Carolina CruzJul 21, 2016
- Not only would the ordinance get big money out of St. Petersburg elections, but it could lead to a legal clash ending super PACs across the country.
#WallOffTrump: How Humor Defied Racism at the RNC
by Alexa MillsJul 21, 2016
- Laughter makes us feel safer, stronger, and more together. In Cleveland, activists used it to flip Trump's own ridiculous words upside down.
After Weeks of Tragedy, Possibilities Will Emerge
by Sarah van GelderJul 20, 2016
- The one thing we can count on is change. But what will make that change inclusive and sustainable instead of violent and fascistic?
Can Industrial Hemp Save Kentucky’s Small Farms?
by Catherine V. MooreJul 20, 2016
- As tobacco declines, some hope that hemp can be a “gateway crop” to financial sustainability for the state’s small farms.
How a Big Coal Blunder Gave Mississippi a Chance for Cleaner Air
by Adam LynchJul 19, 2016
- Community activists in the country’s most corrupt state won an unlikely victory to convert a coal plant to natural gas.
Tell Us About the Revolution Where You Live
by YES! StaffJul 15, 2016
- The 20th anniversary issue of YES! will show you, state by state, how change happens when communities work together. Tell us what’s happening where you live today.
More Diversity in the Workforce Starts With Education
by Lornet TurnbullJul 14, 2016
- A Seattle-area school aims to better prepare Black and Latino students for careers in math and science through its unique program.
“Free” Trade? Fraud Alert
by David KortenJul 13, 2016
- The deceptive branding behind corporatists’ preference for the term “free trade” over simply “trade.”
Northwest Tribes Band Together to Stop Oil-by-Rail
by Ralph SchwartzJul 12, 2016
- Coastal tribes share tactics and resources to bring fossil fuel transport to a halt.
Fear: What Police Reform Doesn’t Address
by Zenobia JeffriesJul 11, 2016
- The most effective reforms are the ones that build community trust between citizens and the police that serve them.
Why Being a “Good Guy” Is Not Enough
by Joe SamalinJul 11, 2016
- Either you’re actively working against sexual violence or you’re enabling it.
We Already Know How to Reduce Police Racism and Violence
by Kate StringerJul 08, 2016
- Recent research has shown cities what works. For starters, hire more female police officers.
Think Gender Issues Can’t Be Funny? Think Again
by Alexa StrabukJul 07, 2016
- Three comedians using stand-up to breakdown gender stereotypes.
5 Ways the News Media Can Get Real
by Sarah van GelderJul 06, 2016
- When Donald Trump gets more air time than Bernie Sanders, the media misses the mark on grassroots change.