What’s Next for the New People Power?
by Immanuel WallersteinDec 09, 2011
- Immanuel Wallerstein: Worldwide social justice movements are developing their second wind.
Occupy Moves to the Home Front
by Nathan SchneiderDec 08, 2011
- Why the attempt to take on foreclosures directly is our clearest glimpse yet of what Occupy Phase II will look like.
From the Farm to the Occupation
by Shannon HayesDec 07, 2011
- Shannon Hayes on taking farm politics to Occupy Wall Street...and talking about the politics of Occupy in her farming community.
Why We Occupy: The Declaration of Occupy D.C.
Dec 07, 2011
- Some complain that they don’t know why the occupiers are upset. In this declaration, adopted by consensus, Occupy D.C. clears up the mystery.
L.A. and Occupy L.A. Agree: It’s Time to End Corporate Personhood
by Brooke JarvisDec 06, 2011
- What’s the issue that unites the occupiers and the city they’re occupying? Getting corporate money out of politics.
Will Allen: Growing Justice in Food Deserts
by Doug PibelDec 06, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Creating access to affordable fresh food in low-income neighborhoods.
Occupy Economics: Because We’re Teaching It Wrong
Dec 05, 2011
- Does Occupy Wall Street highlight the failures of traditional Econ 101? These economists think so.
We the People vs. Wall Street
by Sarah van GelderDec 02, 2011
- The YES! Magazine editors are planning a new issue focused on practical ways to counter the power of corporations and Wall Street. Can you help?
NYC Gives Citizens a Say in the Budget
by Kate MalongowskiDec 02, 2011
- What if you could weigh in on how your city’s money is spent? In some districts of New York City, you can.
Jobs Not Cuts: UK Strikes Against Austerity
by Ari BermanDec 01, 2011
- In Britain, two million public sector workers launched the largest strike in three decades.
Wes Jackson: A Perennial Revolution in Agriculture
by Ken MeterNov 30, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Revolutionizing agriculture with crops that grow like a prairie.
Meet 15 Extraordinary People Transforming the Way We Live
by Madeline OstranderNov 30, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: The justice warriors, eco-innovators, happiness architects, and change artists who are shattering our sense of powerlessness.
7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David KortenNov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
Ai-jen Poo: Organizing Labor—With Love
by Mark EnglerNov 29, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Battling for those on the economic bottom rung—domestic workers.
The Case for Taxing the Wealthy
Nov 28, 2011
- The 1% didn’t get there by themselves. Chuck Collins offers a TED Talk on why the wealthy should pay it forward.