3 World Water Wins
by Maude Barlow, Anil Naidoo, Meera KarunananthanMay 27, 2010
- Around the world, people are taking control of their water supply.
How Felton, Calif., Achieved Water Independence
by Tara LohanMay 27, 2010
- A tiny Californian town took back its water supply—and your town can too.
People We Love :: Donna Edwards
by Berit AndersonMay 27, 2010
- Standing against corporate power.
Reducing Carbon Emissions: Seattle Has Taken the Lead
by Richard ConlinMay 27, 2010
- Looking back on 10 years of carbon reduction efforts in Seattle.
A World of Oneness
by Pastor Don MackenzieMay 27, 2010
- How relinquishing our innate pursuit of power and embracing compassion can lead to a more peaceful world.
Reining in Wall Street: Round 1
by Sarah AndersonMay 26, 2010
- Congress is about to pass the first financial reform bill after the meltdown, which includes small positive steps. But there are two key pieces of unfinished business.
The Health Care Reform Action Moves to the States
by Enzo PastoreMay 26, 2010
- Following the passage of federal heath care reform, many states take steps to implement—or improve upon—the legislation.
The Better Angels of Our Nature
by Kety EsquivelMay 21, 2010
- Arizona's new immigration law offers a choice between standing up for human rights or looking away while they're eroded. Which side will you be on?
Haitian Farmers Refuse Monsanto Hybrid Seeds
by Beverly BellMay 21, 2010
- A coalition of peasant farmers is standing up for food sovereignty.
The 21st Century Civil Rights Movement
by Kety EsquivelMay 18, 2010
- Arizona's new immigration law has awakened a sleeping giant.
This Time, Equal Rights for All
by Sara KnightMay 17, 2010
- LGBT people still aren't protected from workplace discrimination, but a bill under consideration could change that.
Marching on K Street to Transform Wall Street
by John CavanaghMay 17, 2010
- To curb Wall Street's power, we need to get our own government back on our side.
The 28th Amendment? Interview with Donna Edwards
by Sarah van GelderMay 14, 2010
- YES! Magazine executive editor Sarah van Gelder spoke to Rep. Donna Edwards about the constitutional amendment Edwards introduced in response to the Citizens United decision.
Getting a Grip 2
by Frances Moore LappeMay 13, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé speaks about her new book to a group of YES! Magazine staff and friends at the home of David and Fran Korten, April 2010.
Trouble the Water :: Film Trailer
May 13, 2010
- Home footage of Hurricane Katrina from 9th Ward resident Kimberly Rivers Roberts goes beyond news coverage, revealing the voices that government kept silent.