How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
Upgrading the Way We Do Politics
by Sandy Heierbacherposted Aug 21, 2009
- Is it really democracy without space for dialogue and deliberation? How to cut through the yelling and get something done.
Five Ways to Reschool on the Interweb
by Melia Dickerposted Aug 14, 2009
- Here are five types of online resources to educate you from the comfort of your couch.
Fierce Light :: Film Trailer
by Velcrow Ripperposted Aug 14, 2009
- Velcrow Ripper's latest documentary portrays examples of spiritual activism: political actions focusing on compassion and interconnection.
Regenerating Our Learning Commons
posted Aug 14, 2009
- Shikshantar presents Udaipur, India as a learning city.
We Are All Responsible for Making Health Care a Right
by David Scheinerposted Aug 07, 2009
- Uninvited from a White House forum, President Obama's former doctor says it's time to give single-payer health care a fair hearing.
Registering for Peace
by Tobin Jacobrownposted Aug 06, 2009
- To register as a conscientious objector, Toby Jacobrown had to sue the federal government.
People We Love :: Peter Marshall
by Madeline Ostranderposted Jul 07, 2009
- Fighting fire with climate activism.
People Power Pushed the New Deal
by Sarah Andersonposted Jun 05, 2009
- Roosevelt didn’t come up with all those progressive programs on his own.
Jump Starting Racial Justice
by Terry Keleherposted Jun 02, 2009
- Two especially promising solutions to racism are public reconciliation processes, like the one made famous in South Africa, and proactive racial impact planning and analysis now being employed widely in the United Kingdom.
Netanyahu at the White House: Not Yet Change We Can Believe In
by Phyllis Bennisposted May 20, 2009
- The reality of power–that the U.S. is still the financial, military, diplomatic and political superpower patron on which Israel depends–was not reflected in the press conference that followed the meeting.
Instant Runoff Elections are a Vote for Civility
by Rob Richieposted May 07, 2009
- Burlington’s success with instant runoff voting (IRV) is a model of a clean, open debate. Is it time to take it to the national level?
In Review :: Justicia Now
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted May 07, 2009
- Lisa Garrigues reviews this documentary about Ecuador’s oil wars.
In Review :: Rules for Online Radicals
by James Trimarcoposted May 07, 2009
- James Trimarco reviews Markos Moulitsas Zúniga’s Taking on the System: Rules for Radical Change in a Digital Era.
Signs of Life :: Germany Mandates Paper-Trail Voting
by Lilja Ottoposted May 07, 2009
- Germany’s Federal Constitutional Court has ruled that the voting machines used in the country’s 2005 general election are unconstitutional.
Signs of Life :: Landmark Climate Change Bill
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 07, 2009
- Congress has begun debate on what could become the first-ever federal legislation to regulate greenhouse gases. The bill promises to cut emissions 80 percent by 2050.