How “we the people” decide what we want, and how we get it.
On the Road to Detroit: How to Get to the U.S. Social Forum 2010
posted Feb 11, 2010
- Are you thinking about going to the U.S. Social Forum this year? Here are some tips on how to get there.
Discussion Guide: America: The Remix
by Ashlee Greenposted Feb 11, 2010
- Includes article summaries and questions to spark your discussion around the YES! Magazine multiracial America issue.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly Bellposted Feb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
Resource Guide for a Multiracial America
by Berit Andersonposted Feb 11, 2010
- Here are some groups, campaigns, media sources and organizations to help you learn more about the multiracial experience and growing movements across the country. Pick one (or 10) that interest you and get involved yourself!
Quote: President Barack Obama
posted Feb 11, 2010
- A quote from President Barack Obama, from the America: The Remix issue of YES! Magazine. Download it here.
A Victory for Haiti
by Hayley Hathawayposted Feb 10, 2010
- How an international, grassroots mobilization helped spur the G7's decision to cancel Haiti's onerous foreign debt.
Time to Tax Financial Speculation
by Sarah Andersonposted Feb 09, 2010
- Activists, celebrities, and business leaders are uniting behind a proposal that would discourage speculative gambling.
A Call to Bring the World Together…
posted Feb 08, 2010
- Video: Since its November 2009 launch, over 36,000 people have affirmed the Charter for Compassion, a project that sprouted from author Karen Armstrong's TED speech. Based on the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," the charter is a result of public input from 150,000 religious and secular people worldwide.
A Green and Fair Recovery
by Yvonne Liuposted Feb 04, 2010
- If equity factors prominently into the equation, an expanded green economy has tremendous potential to positively transform our communities, sustain the environment, and lift the quality of all our lives. But this won’t happen by chance.
First "Corporate Person" Runs for Political Office
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 01, 2010
- To show how ludicrous an idea is, sometimes you have to take it seriously.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia Mianposted Jan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
The True State of the Union
posted Jan 28, 2010
- Friends of YES! Magazine turn the president's address into a conversation about what it will really take to build a more perfect union.
Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
posted Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.
An Invitation to Sacred Intention
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Jan 26, 2010
- Three friends from different faiths offer guidance for forming intentions that focus not on what we do or don't have, but on who we are.
10 Ways to Stop Corporate Dominance of Politics
by Fran Kortenposted Jan 25, 2010
- The recent Supreme Court decision to allow unlimited corporate spending in politics just may be the straw that breaks the plutocracy’s back.