How to Get Your Head in This Moment
by Jim ShultzNov 28, 2016
- This is not the first time forward progress has ended in a right-wing regime. And the past has plenty of lessons for how to go forward effectively.
20 Ways to Take a Bigger, Louder Stand in the Post-Election World
by Nina M. FloresNov 24, 2016
- Many of us are rekindling our activist spirit knowing that the next four years will require everyone to act.
Sheriffs Refuse to Send Troops to Standing Rock as Public Outrage and Costs Mount
by Jenni MonetNov 23, 2016
- North Dakota is stretched thin in its battle to protect the Dakota Access pipeline construction: Costs are nearing $15 million, and police reinforcements are diminishing.
Four Ways to Look at Standing Rock: An Indigenous Perspective
by Kayla DeVaultNov 22, 2016
- In the shadow of the Trump election, I found myself explaining to world climate leaders how to see Standing Rock through an indigenous lens.
How I Stopped Mindlessly Buying Things
by Sarah LazarovicNov 22, 2016
- Stores want me to buy stuff I don’t need. The internet wants me to buy stuff I don’t need. But I finally figured it out.
How to Attempt Racial Healing—Even During a Trump Presidency
by Zenobia JeffriesNov 21, 2016
- America’s past truth and reconciliation processes show us what works.
6 Ways to Take Action in the Calm Before the Trump
by Melissa HellmannNov 21, 2016
- If you think Trump is all talk, consider this: Research shows past presidents have accomplished about 75 percent of what they promised to do during their campaigns.
What Standing Rock Needs Obama to Do Quickly—Before Trump Takes Over
by Tom Goldtooth, Annie LeonardNov 18, 2016
- Trump will try to fast-track fossil fuel projects across the country. That makes the final months of President Obama’s term more important than ever.
Please Stop Thinking You’re Better Than Trump Supporters
by Charles EisensteinNov 18, 2016
- We’ve got to stop acting out hate. There is no less of it in the liberal media than there is in the right-wing media. It is just better disguised.
Most Americans Agree: God Granted the U.S. a Special Place in History
by Olivia Anderson, Liza BaylessNov 18, 2016
- And 23 other facts you should know.
Get Ready for Our Favorite Solutions Across the U.S.
by YES! EditorsNov 17, 2016
- We’ve learned a lot in 20 years of solutions journalism. We know that we can fix what’s broken in our communities, regardless of who inhabits the White House.
What Standing Rock Tells Us About Civil Disobedience
by Melissa HellmannNov 15, 2016
- The militarized response to communities of color signals a possible double standard in law enforcement’s acceptance of civil disobedience.
The Arizona Tribe That Knows How to Stop a Trump Wall
by Tristan AhtoneNov 15, 2016
- Tohono O’odham traditional lands extend deep into Mexico, and any border wall will face legal and physical opposition.
Trump Protests Could Be the Start of a New Civil Rights Era
by Meredith Rutland BauerNov 14, 2016
- Social change begins in the streets with citizen activism, but it’s important to realize this chapter of history is unlike any that has come before.
Will Trump Deport Me? Here’s What I Told My Son
by Nabil EchchaibiNov 14, 2016
- Since I moved here more than two decades ago, this is the first time I feel vulnerable. But I have faith in millions of Americans to defend my right to be here.