The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 6
Jan 08, 2011
- Water is life—and the challenge of using less of it really hit home. Check in with our participants on how they confronted their water footprints.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 5
Jan 07, 2011
- You've laid off the lights and turned down the heat. How are you staying warm?
Olubunmi Blogs on No Impact Week
by Olubunmi IsholaJan 07, 2011
- Olubunmi Ishola is a No Impact skeptic, but she's willing to see if the experiment can prove her wrong.
Mountain Memories: Interview with Judy Bonds
by Taylor Lee KirklandJan 07, 2011
- West Virginia activist Judy Bonds died of cancer this week. Before she died, she gave this interview about fighting to save her home from mountaintop removal coal mining.
Kathy Blogs on No Impact Week
by Kathy KottarasJan 06, 2011
- Mother, teacher, and eco-pilgrim Kathy Kottaras' lyrical take on the inner adventure of going No Impact.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 4
Jan 06, 2011
- You've completed Wednesday's food experiment and are halfway through No Impact Week: Our participants step up to the challenge of going local.
Grace Blogs on No Impact Week
by Grace PorterJan 05, 2011
- Grace Porter is going it alone as the sole student at Bainbridge High School to take on the No Impact Week challenge.
Send Us Your No Impact Week Photos!
Jan 05, 2011
- We'll be selecting the top ones for a No Impact Week slideshow and a chance to win a subscription to YES!
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 3
Jan 05, 2011
- You've tried your luck at a day using alternative transportation. Did it work?
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 2
Jan 04, 2011
- You've completed your first full day of life with less trash. What was in your bag at the end of the day?
The Missing Vision
by David KortenJan 04, 2011
- Deep change begins with a vision of possibility.
Deb Blogs on No Impact Week
by Deb SeymourJan 04, 2011
- No Impact Week is showing aspiring environmentalist Deb Seymour that going green isn't always easy.
The YES! No Impact Diary: Day 1
Jan 03, 2011
- Now that the first challenge is completed, check in with fellow participants to see how a day away from consumption panned out.
Out of Chaos
by Sarah van GelderJan 03, 2011
- 15 years ago, YES! co-founder Sarah van Gelder wrote this piece for the launch issue of YES! How well does it stand up in a world that is, if anything, more chaotic?
The Chattanooga Prep Girls Blog on No Impact Week
by Megan Grzesiak, Mary Copler, Sarah Whitney AndersonJan 03, 2011
- Three juniors at Girls Preparatory School in Chattanooga explore ways to live without the excess amid the demands of teenage life.