Time for a New Theory of Money
by Ellen BrownOct 28, 2010
- When we recognize that money is simply credit, we can unleash it as a powerful tool for our communities.
Our Families Can’t Afford to Stay Home on Election Day
by Sarah van GelderOct 27, 2010
- Sure, lots of us are frustrated by the economy, the war, and lack of progress in Washington, D.C. But there’s too much at stake to stay home on election day.
Pennsylvania Township Declares Freedom from Fracking
by Mari Margil, Ben PriceOct 27, 2010
- Licking, Pennsylvania defies state law by banning corporations from dumping fracking wastewater.
by Rick WolffOct 26, 2010
- In France, the government’s response to the economic crisis has sparked massive protests. What do they mean for the U.S.?
Real Family Values
by Sarah van GelderOct 25, 2010
- 9 progressive policies to support our families.
Slavery Goes Public
by Christa HillstromOct 21, 2010
- Are the products you buy tainted by slavery and child labor? A new California law can help you find out.
51 Ways to Spark a Commons Revolution
by Jay WalljasperOct 21, 2010
- What you can do, alone and with others, to share life.
A Big Surprise for Chevron
Oct 20, 2010
- Hours before the oil giant released its new ad campaign, the Yes Men released their own version.
Foreclosuregate: Time to Break Up the Too-Big-to-Fail Banks?
by Ellen BrownOct 15, 2010
- If risky behavior by big finance threatens economic stability, the financial reform bill allows regulators to break up big banks.
The Small Business Case for Ending Tax Cuts for the Wealthy
by Chuck CollinsOct 14, 2010
- Small business owners, often used as a prop by anti-tax lobbyists, say letting the Bush-era tax cuts expire is a good business decision.
Making Sense of the Foreclosure Mess
by Doug PibelOct 13, 2010
- Why are mortgage holders suspending foreclosures? And what will happen to homeowners?
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
Bigger and More Beautiful than Ever Before
Oct 11, 2010
- Photo essay: Scenes from the 10/10/10 Global Work Party.
Powerful Learning Grows in New Orleans’ Lower Ninth Ward
by David FerrisOct 11, 2010
- Our School at Blair Grocery meets crises with open eyes, humble hearts, and social entrepreneurship.
10 Ways to Celebrate 10/10/10
by 350.orgOct 08, 2010
- At over 7,000 events in 188 countries, people will be getting to work to stop catastrophic climate change—and calling on their leaders to do the same. Here are 10 ideas from 350.org for planning your own climate work party.