Pioneers of the New Normal
by Sarah van GelderSep 14, 2010
- We’re facing a very different world than the one we knew. Here’s what people are doing to prepare …
Corporations Ain’t People: A Musical Protest
Sep 14, 2010
- Video: GLEE-inspired activism for a democracy run by human beings, not corporations.
Envisioning MLK’s Dream in Today's World
by Grace Lee BoggsSep 13, 2010
- Grace Boggs: We must begin the radical revolution of values that King called for, against the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism.
YES! Magazine Project Censored Awards, 2009-2010
Sep 13, 2010
- The year's top underreported stories of hope and creative change.
Interfaith Amigos: On 9/11, Getting Beyond Religious Hatred
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal RahmanSep 10, 2010
- Brought together by the events of 9/11, three friends from different faiths reflect on what it will take to reach the other side of hatred.
Signs of Life :: Fall 2010
Sep 10, 2010
- Small stories about big change
Quotes from the Quran and from Rumi
by Sarah Van GelderSep 09, 2010
- Interested in what Muslim sacred texts actually say? Here's a short selection of quotes recommend by Jamal Rahman.
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van GelderSep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.
Raise My Taxes, Please
by Naomi SobelSep 09, 2010
- Why one wealthy American wants the Bush tax cuts to expire and the estate tax to be reinstated.
Vandana Shiva: Alternatives to Monsanto in India
Sep 09, 2010
- Video: Vandana Shiva explains the effect of GMOs on Indian agriculture—and how to promote home-grown alternatives.
10 Resilient Ideas
Sep 09, 2010
- Ideas for building resilience from communities across the country–from a hand-made house to rooftop beekeeping.
California Ballot on Global Warming Solutions
by Lynsi BurtonSep 09, 2010
- Citizens argue that generating jobs shouldn't mean derailing climate action.
Students Score Victory for Honduran Workers
by Valerie SchloredtSep 09, 2010
- How the "Just Pay It!" campaign on college campuses leveraged $1.5 million for Nike garment workers.
Maryland Protects Student Info From Recruiters
by Pat ElderSep 09, 2010
- Graduating high school students with increasingly grim job prospects are vulnerable to recruitment tactics. A new law limits military access to student data.
Canada-to-Texas Pipeline Plans Draw Criticism
by Laura KaliebeSep 09, 2010
- Activists and residents along the 2,000-mile proposed route fear damage to farming, ecosystems, and water from the transport of what has been called the world's dirtiest source of transportation energy.