Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
Bigger and More Beautiful than Ever Before
Oct 11, 2010
- Photo essay: Scenes from the 10/10/10 Global Work Party.
Powerful Learning Grows in New Orleans’ Lower Ninth Ward
by David FerrisOct 11, 2010
- Our School at Blair Grocery meets crises with open eyes, humble hearts, and social entrepreneurship.
10 Ways to Celebrate 10/10/10
by 350.orgOct 08, 2010
- At over 7,000 events in 188 countries, people will be getting to work to stop catastrophic climate change—and calling on their leaders to do the same. Here are 10 ideas from 350.org for planning your own climate work party.
Standing Up for Democracy in Ecuador
by Laura CarlsenOct 07, 2010
- The Correa government is a progressive leader in Latin America.
How We Brought Down a Dictator
by Bryan Farrell, Eric StonerOct 07, 2010
- 10 years later: A conversation with Srdja Popovic, a leader in the the nonviolent overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.
One Nation: Uniting for Jobs, Not War
by Phyllis BennisOct 06, 2010
- At the historic One Nation Working Together march, activists made the connection between unemployment and our outsize military budget.
In Kenya, Farmers Grow Their Own Way
by Heather Day, Travis EnglishOct 04, 2010
- Thousands of grassroots, African-led efforts are building locally rooted alternatives to the chemical agriculture promoted by the Gates Foundation and Monsanto.
Lessons From Nature Continue
by Tiffany RanSep 29, 2010
- Counselor Larry Davies turned to nature to help teach and heal troubles Washington high school students. Twelve years later, he's helping Floridians become better environmental stewards.
People We Love :: Humberto Ríos Labrada
by Kelly SheaSep 29, 2010
- Helping farmers restore biodiversity in Cuba
Appalachia Rising for a New Economy
by Brooke JarvisSep 28, 2010
- Appalachian residents are serious about putting a stop to mountaintop removal coal mining—and building a more sustainable economy to take its place.
The Capacity for Tolerance
by Pastor Don MackenzieSep 27, 2010
- What can Christians do about the religious intolerance made visible during the last month?
Cooperation Law for a Sharing Economy
by Janelle OrsiSep 23, 2010
- A new sharing economy is emerging—but how does it fit within our legal system?
Reclaim Your Streets: How to Create Safe and Social Pedestrian Plazas
by Erika KosinaSep 22, 2010
- 6 steps for replacing cars with parks.
A Powerful Tool to Get Low-Income Voters to the Ballot Box
by Lisa Danetz, Scott NovakowskiSep 20, 2010
- Low-income citizens are often left out of the political process. But by enforcing an already existing law that links voter registration to public assistance programs, we can add millions of voices to democratic decision-making.