A Very Civil Civil Disobedience
Aug 19, 2011
- "From Henry David Thoreau, to Susan B. Anthony, to Gandhi, to King, to you." Oscar-nominated director Josh Fox on how you can help stop the disastrous development of the Canadian tar sands.
Prevent a Tar Sands Disaster
by Nellis Kennedy-HowardAug 19, 2011
- Why developing the tarsands has been called "world's most destructive project."
Join YES! for No Impact Week: September 2011
Aug 18, 2011
- End the summer right! Join YES! for a one-week carbon cleanse that could change your life, your community, and even the planet.
Jump In Together: An Invitation to No Impact Week
by Colin BeavanAug 18, 2011
- Sometimes the hardest part of changing our lives and world is believing that it’s possible. Colin Beavan on finding a place to start.
Bill McKibben: This Is Getting Exciting
by Bill McKibbenAug 18, 2011
- With thousands pledged to risk arrest at the White House to protect the Alberta tar sands, the climate movement’s biggest civil disobedience action ever is about to take Washington by storm.
Want Jobs? Rebuild the Dream
by Sarah van GelderAug 17, 2011
- Interview: Van Jones is leading a national mobilization to rebuild the middle class—through decent work, fair taxes, and opportunities for all.
How To Build a People’s Movement
by Seth BorgosAug 17, 2011
- Now’s the time to challenge economic orthodoxy—but only a massive social movement can turn things around.
Film Review: Carbon Nation
by Robert MellingerAug 16, 2011
- Take a trip across the United States to find out who is developing low-carbon solutions.
What a 10-Year-Old Did to Stop the Tar Sands
by Angela SterrittAug 15, 2011
- Why a First Nations student from British Columbia is taking on a controversial trans-Canadian pipeline project—through song.
How You Can Get Started Building a New Economy
by David KortenAug 15, 2011
- No one of us can do it alone. If, however, we each contribute according to our distinctive gifts and circumstances, together we can turn the human course.
The Down and Dirty Movement to Reinvent Farming
Aug 13, 2011
- The Greenhorns documentary follows young farmers who are digging their way to an agricultural revolution.
The Best Bills of 2011
by Progressive States NetworkAug 12, 2011
- Dig beneath the gloom: 13 positive, progressive state bills that could turn things around in the years to come.
How Art Can Turn the World Inside Out
Aug 11, 2011
- In Paris, Palestine, Peru, and beyond—guerrilla artist JR asks the people of the world share their faces to transform urban landscapes into stories.
Join In: The People v. the Pipeline
Aug 11, 2011
- Join us for a live Twitter chat at 8 p.m. EST with YES! executive editor Sarah van Gelder, Naomi Klein, Bill McKibben, and others on the controversial tar sands pipeline and the mass civil disobedience kicking off next week to fight it.
Vincent Harding: Let Us Dance
by Vincent HardingAug 10, 2011
- The civil rights leader’s reflections on his 80th birthday.