Chimamanda Adichie on Why Stories Matter
Dec 09, 2009
- In this video of her speech, Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie discusses the dangers of hearing only a single story about a person or place, and how stories can be used to empower and humanize people rather than to divide and emphasize differences.
Copenhagen's Conscience: The Youth Climate Movement Won't Settle
by Jessy TolkanDec 08, 2009
- Youth activists are playing an important role: refusing to allow the smallness of politics to stand in the way of the fair and globally-binding deal that our generation demands for survival.
Appalachia Fights for a Green Future
by Bob KincaidDec 08, 2009
- Appalachian residents are calling on environmental protection agencies to stand up to mountaintop removal.
The Youth Movement Goes to Copenhagen
by Nick EngelfriedDec 07, 2009
- This fall, youth around the world demonstrated their determination to stop catastrophic climate change. In Copenhagen, they're pushing their leaders to do the same.
Fast for Climate Justice
by Anna KeenanDec 07, 2009
- Now a month into their hunger strike, activists are hoping for serious commitment from the delegates in Copenhagen.
N30 Global Day of Action on Climate Crisis
Dec 07, 2009
- On November 30, the 10th anniversary of the 1999 World Trade Organization protests in Seattle, activists call for urgent action on the global climate crisis.
No Need to Wait (or Pay) for Climate Technology
by David BollierDec 04, 2009
- Did you think most clean energy technology is locked up by patent holders? The Global Innovation Commons lists thousands of energy-saving technologies already in the public domain.
Behind the Scenes of Seattle
by Susan GleasonDec 02, 2009
- WTO+10: An in-depth interview with Alli Chagi-Starr, a key organizer of the 1999 WTO protests in Seattle.
Using the Clean Air Act to Cap Carbon
Dec 02, 2009
- Two environmental groups petitioned the EPA to use the Clean Air Act to cap carbon dioxide at 350 parts per million.
Why We Find It So Hard to Act Against Climate Change
by George MarshallDec 01, 2009
- Solving the “It’s not my problem” problem. A psychologist on what keeps us from coming to terms with the climate crisis.
The Story of Cap & Trade
by Annie LeonardDec 01, 2009
- Annie Leonard's newest video asks tough questions about who cap & trade really benefits—and what effect it would really have on climate change.
7 Ways the Battle of Seattle Changed the World
by Fran KortenDec 01, 2009
- Ten years later, the protests of 1999 are still having an impact.
Who's Polluting the Climate Conversation?
by James HogganDec 01, 2009
- The money, CEOs, and Astroturf groups behind the climate deniers.
Climate Hero Kumi Naidoo
by Kate SheppardDec 01, 2009
- Kumi Naidoo is building a global movement to force world leaders to adopt a binding agreement on climate change. He is executive director of Greenpeace International and has led TckTckTck, a global campaign for climate action.
Climate Hero Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins
by Kate SheppardDec 01, 2009
- Green For All organizes minority and low-income communities to press for green jobs and mobilizes their grassroots power into a national force for an inclusive, clean-energy economy.