People We Love :: Bahati Kizungu
by Lynsi BurtonDec 15, 2009
- Reporting for children’s rights.
Lessons from the Attack on Van Jones
by Rob Biko BakerDec 15, 2009
- Jones is a powerful role model in or out of the White House.
350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
Tens of Thousands March in Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 12, 2009
- Demonstrators outside the U.N. negotiations demand a climate deal.
People, Power, and Climate Change
Dec 11, 2009
- Video: Why Sarah van Gelder believes we can still avert disaster.
Seattle's Climate Commitment
Dec 11, 2009
- Video: When the U.S. failed to ratify the Kyoto Protocol, the city of Seattle decided to adopt it on a municipal level. Richard Conlin, president of the Seattle City Council and a YES! board member, discusses what that has meant for the city.
It's Going to Be Beautiful
by Bill McKibbenDec 11, 2009
- Bill McKibben: There are reasons to be encouraged about the negotiations in Copenhagen, and ways to get involved in your own backyard.
Kumi Naidoo on How We'll Win at Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 11, 2009
- Forget the cynicism. The activists who made Copenhagen possible are ramping up the pressure for a strong and binding deal on climate change.
350 Day of Action
Dec 11, 2009
- 350 might be the most important number in the world—which is why people around the world are finding powerful ways to make that number known.
How to Talk to Your Friends About Copenhagen
by Madeline OstranderDec 10, 2009
- Talking about climate change may be one of the most revolutionary things you can do. But how do you strike up your own Copenhagen conversations—and what do you say once you do?
We Hold the Key to Copenhagen
by Sarah van GelderDec 10, 2009
- "We the People" will have to act up if we want a global agreement that averts climate chaos.
Honoring Nathan Huggins, Martin, and Malcolm
by Grace Lee BoggsDec 10, 2009
- I spoke (via Skype) to the graduate students Symposium at Harvard University on December 5, the 20th anniversary of the death of Nathan Huggins, former director of the university's DuBois Center.
Video: Youth Activists Crash Live Climate Denier Webcast
by Brooke JarvisDec 09, 2009
- A group of young activists took over the stage, telling Americans for Prosperity that real prosperity comes from clean energy.
Chimamanda Adichie on Why Stories Matter
Dec 09, 2009
- In this video of her speech, Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie discusses the dangers of hearing only a single story about a person or place, and how stories can be used to empower and humanize people rather than to divide and emphasize differences.
Copenhagen's Conscience: The Youth Climate Movement Won't Settle
by Jessy TolkanDec 08, 2009
- Youth activists are playing an important role: refusing to allow the smallness of politics to stand in the way of the fair and globally-binding deal that our generation demands for survival.